× Members

Key Points for Supporting Docs from GP & CMHN

More
4 years 4 months ago #241793 by TrueDefective
Replied by TrueDefective on topic Key Points for Supporting Docs from GP & CMHN
Hello, I received my ESA85A in the post this morning.

Under the heading 'Advice' it states that I meet the:

criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity as ... there would be substantial risk ... if they were found not to have limited capability for work and work-related activity.

The prognosis is:

I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term

Without going into details, the 'Justification of Advice' refers to 'severe depression' and the fact I was referred to a crisis team recently. It also states:

The available evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term.

There is no reference to any points scored on descriptors.

I have a few questions. Does the prognosis of 'unlikely in the longer term' suggest no reassessment for THREE years?

Does the fact the criteria is due to 'substantial risk' mean a reassessment could happen sooner? Is there a standard reassessment period when 'substantial risk' is the reason for being placed in the SG?

Is the absence of any mention of points or descriptors an indication that I would not have scored enough to qualify for the SG through the descriptors alone?

Many thanks for your help throughout this process!

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241812 by Gordon
Lee

In the long term should mean a three year period before a new assessment, I don't believe that it being for Substantial risk will modify this.

If there is no reference to any Descriptors then the assessor does not believe you meet the criteria for any, Substantial Risk should only be looked at after all of the Descriptors have been considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.