× Members

PIP MR to Tribunal

More
4 years 6 months ago #238232 by Fred
PIP MR to Tribunal was created by Fred
I put together a very detailed 8 page document challenging DWP’s decision to award me standard mobility and care for 3 years, where i outlined why 4 activities I was scored less than I believe in as well as the length of the award being too short.

Nearly 12 weeks later I have no change in award other than it now being on an ongoing basis. What does ongoing basis mean? Is this equivalent to indefinite/lifetime on DLA?

Secondly, in the explanations that the decision maker gave, my points just do not seem to have been addressed at all, it’s like they copy and pasted the previous notes! Is this normal practice?

Then to counter my point that the assessor misunderstood/misinterpreted certain points which I clarified in the MR, I am told to enquire with the assessment provider!!! Is this even acceptable?!

One of their “shaft the disabled” cards for my mobility is low dose analgesia. My MR rather bluntly explains that life doesn’t work by taking medicines per what scores you the most points for a disability benefit. There’s harm that comes out of taking NSAIDs continuously and that opioids would mean I can’t work due to their nature/effect. Now I have just read from your news section that since the 30/9/19, they cannot rely on that anymore, am I able to use this for my rebuttal when I begin the process of filling out the form to go to tribunal?

I fully intend to take this to tribunal. My main argument is that DWP have not even bothered addressing my points in the MR. I will then argue the low dose analgesia issue too.

I’m just furious as to how you can ignore someone’s points and not address them. I’m going to start on Monday to fill out the tribunal form. Do I have to write in detail the reason why or can I state what I have mentioned in this paragraph and then the activities I believe I have been scored incorrectly.

Apologies for the questions, really annoyed as my Motability vehicle now goes back very soon and I’ve been off sick from work and was due to start next month again, will be forced to use public transport and rely on taxis which I assure you doesn’t equate to the lower rate of mobility!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR to Tribunal
Fred

An On-Going award means no reassessment for at least ten years and it should only be a Light Touch review although we can't tell you what this will mean.

I don't think that there is any limitation on you using the new guidance for your appeal.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Or, you can submit your appeal request online

www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit-decision/submit-appeal

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238246 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic PIP MR to Tribunal
Thanks Gordon.

Is there any harm in me ringing DWP and asking them to explain themselves on the phone, I literally have not had my points addressed just we believe xx.

I’m confident that I can just reuse my MR as it was purposely detailed to not allow anything to slip through under the cracks.

It’s a joke that I had to ring them up after 12 weeks and they told me there’d been some mistake as the decision was made but they had not sent out the letter to me.

On Monday I will fill out the tribunal form simply stating that I am challenging activities x, y and z. That these were ignored by DWP at MR. I then wait for DWP to respond back to the tribunal service and me, then I need to submit my detailed claim.

The level of incompetence makes you want to sue the DWP but they’re allowed to get away with this.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR to Tribunal
Fred

You can try ringing the DWP but it would be unusual for you to be able to talk to the Decision Maker who did your MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238278 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic PIP MR to Tribunal

Fred wrote: Secondly, in the explanations that the decision maker gave, my points just do not seem to have been addressed at all, it’s like they copy and pasted the previous notes! Is this normal practice?

[...]

I fully intend to take this to tribunal. My main argument is that DWP have not even bothered addressing my points in the MR. [...]

I’m just furious as to how you can ignore someone’s points and not address them. I’m going to start on Monday to fill out the tribunal form.

I don't know about "normal practice", but it's certainly what we've found. Just totally ignored everything we'd written, and I guess copied and pasted from another document, given all the errors there now are in the MR. I hope you have better luck with your appeal than we're having.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

More
4 years 6 months ago #238289 by peggy2
Replied by peggy2 on topic PIP MR to Tribunal
Hi Fred
If its any help to how you feel you are not alone i could actually be reading my partners situation. I have supplied a very detailed mandatory reconsideration and medical eveidnce for him. The Mandatorily decision was not changed and we feel the same anger that its not even been been looked at. His case is full of errors and information in one part that is not even about him.,they actually refer to her amd a dr we have never even heard of!

I believe there is no point speaking to them, but to usr the excellent guidance and guides on here, also if you het chance search your local area for welfare benefit advice such as your local CAB.

Try to put your anger to one side for the moment, easier said than done... The anger causes more anger and distress due to the totall injustice of it all and it sadly does not help you to have the strength to appeal as it makes you feel quite poorly and effects your health conditions or situation. Try your best to keep focus on those points you need and detailed account you already have, ... Check through it in case youve missed anything.... Try to jot down a plan as if your helping someone else...
If you have a type have olan it helps with, how do I do this? What needs doing next? Who could help in my local area such as CAB,...

Good luck with it all.... Please keep close in heart you are definitely not alone at the injustice. Please stay focused on just your facts, i to have to move my anget to one side and stay focused..

Meg

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.