× Members

Telephone Compliance interview

More
4 years 5 months ago #239804 by Nicolette
Telephone Compliance interview was created by Nicolette
HI

I have had a letter from the DWP saying they will ring me in 2 weeks for a compliance interview.

Would somebody please be able to tell me what this might be about and why the DWP do this.

I have never had one or heard of it before, should I be worried about it? I have done nothing wrong as far as I know

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239814 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone Compliance interview
Nicolette

It is possible that you have been selected at random but it is also possible that something has been flagged or you could have been reported to the Fraud line!

Has anything changed recently? Have you started receiving a pension or some orther regular payment? Have your circumstances changed? Has someone started living with you?

You can contact the DWP for more information, there should be a contact number on the letter?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239820 by Nicolette
Replied by Nicolette on topic Telephone Compliance interview
Thanks Gordon for your reply

No nothing has changed at all so I can't understand it. I will ring them on Monday to try and find out what they want, I have nothing to hide so I will try not to worry about it.

Thanks
Nicolette

More
4 years 5 months ago #239828 by Nicolette
HI
I rang the number on the letter to see if by any chance someone might be there because it gave a different number to the usual 0800 number and it was a number for a leisure company which was closed.
Also when I have properly looked at the letter it does not have my national insurance number on it just a reference number that can't be right surely?
You see It said it wanted to see bank statements and proof about my partners earnings wanting to see wage slips etc, I do not have a partner.
I will ring the usual number for ESA on Monday because something does not seem right about this.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239829 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone Compliance interview
Hi Nicolette

You are right it could be a scam

If you are suspicious:

1) do not give out any personal information, or confirm that any personal information they have is correct
2) do not pay them any money
3) do not pay them using electronic vouchers

Report any suspicions of fraud

Please report your suspicions or incidents to Action Fraud, either on the Action Fraud website or (only if you are in the UK) by phoning 0300 123 2040 ......... www.actionfraud.police.uk

Action Fraud provides a fraud-reporting and advice centre, where people and small businesses can report fraud, attempted fraud and scam emails.

Your reports will then be passed on to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and analysed to see if they can be used as part of a police investigation.

You can help to stop scammers by warning your friends and family, and by making Action Fraud aware of any scams that you have encountered.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239833 by Nicolette
HI Gary

Yes I will do that but I will ring DWP on Monday first just to make sure though , but that is another thing that is not right they gave a text phone number and it was for Universal Credit.
I do not claim this I have just had a recent assessment for ESA and put in the support group not Universal Credit.

Thanks
Nicolette

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.