× Members

DLA to PIP

More
4 years 4 months ago #241463 by Crimble
DLA to PIP was created by Crimble
I had my assessment a couple of weeks ago at home.
I requested a copy of the report which I now have.
There is so much that is incorrect in the assessment and things that did not happen and were not said or done.
If the claim manager makes their decision on what the assessor has said I think I will get less than I think I should.
Do I have to wait for the decision before I challenge it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Crimble

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble

More
4 years 4 months ago #241482 by Crimble
Replied by Crimble on topic DLA to PIP
But they have stated they did a medical examination which they didn't and that I showed I could crouch down, which I can't do and wasn't asked to do.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241490 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Crimble

As Gordon has stated below you have a small window to write to the decision maker to correct any errors in the report, if you did not have a medical examination or crouch down then say so, were you asked to stand on your tip toes or put your arms behind your back, if no let the decision maker know.
Remember, if you do write in make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble

More
4 years 4 months ago #241542 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic DLA to PIP
I am in exactly the same situation regarding the assessor stating they carried out a physical assessment which they did not, as well as many other discrepancies

More
4 years 4 months ago #241554 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic DLA to PIP
Mods, are you able to explain how it is that some of the assessors get away with lying on their forms? It is not about them making assumptions, but them clearly stating they have performed an examination or noted a movement that the claimant 'has not ' done. Surely there is going to come to a point where these assessments have to be recorded with a camera ...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.