× Members

DLA to PIP

More
4 years 4 months ago #241556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Becky

That would require someone to review the tape and the reality is that the effective review of assessors is at the heart of the problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becky, Remix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242511 by Crimble
Replied by Crimble on topic DLA to PIP
I sent to DWP all the inconsistencies and errors a few weeks ago, over 70!
I got a call from the case manager asking if I had complained to IAS, which I hadn't.
They suggested I complain as they were sending everything back to them as they couldn't make a decision with so many errors and things that hadn't happened.
I did as they suggested and rang IAS to complain who are sending out a complaints pack.

Do you think I will have to have another assessment?
Not sure I can go through all that again!

More
4 years 3 months ago #242526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP
Crimble

If the DWP is saying that they cannot make a Decision based on the current report then there is a possibility that a new assessment will be required, it will depend on whether the assessor made sufficient notes during the interview for a revised report to be produced.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble

More
4 years 3 months ago #242539 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Crimble just reading your comments after having received a copy of my wife`s PIP F2F assessors report this morning and I concur that there are so many blatant errors and untruths in her report I am amazed at how many of these instances are happening.. However at this stage we are holding our breath for final decision from DWP as totalling up the points on the assessors descriptors she will be looking at higher rate mobility and standard care .. I will certainly be looking at a mandatory reconsideration and appeal process if things don`t go in her favour due to the amount of untruths and discrepancies in the report....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble, Dan Statham

More
4 years 3 months ago #242540 by Crimble
Replied by Crimble on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Paul,
My husband thinks there is a 'copy and paste' situation!
I understand they are under pressure, but the errors and discrepancies are ridiculous.
I did not expect the case manager to ring me and suggest I complain.
We will see what happens.
I hope your wife has a good result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
4 years 3 months ago #242555 by Andrew58
Replied by Andrew58 on topic DLA to PIP

Crimble wrote: Hi Paul,
My husband thinks there is a 'copy and paste' situation!
I understand they are under pressure, but the errors and discrepancies are ridiculous.
I did not expect the case manager to ring me and suggest I complain.
We will see what happens.
I hope your wife has a good result.

I was assessed for dla to pip 4 weeks ago. I requested the medical report it was full of copy and paste I think. For example said I didn’t look tired was of average build and dressed appropriately
Reality
I hadn’t slept night before,how they can say whether I looked tired when it’s th the first time they’d met me ?
I had heart investigation 7 days later and was told I am morbidly obese
As for appropriately dressed I had slippers on due to feet swelling.
Luckily I had recorded assessment so the errors made elsewhere can be proved with audio.
Unfortunately cannot prove that I couldn’t put hands behind my back,touch my neck,crouch ,lift my leg,rotate my wrists etc. All of which she assessed as being adequate. She also said I scratched my head as a informal observation so therefore I could wash my hair !! I didn’t scratch my head.
I was still awarded enhanced on living and Mobility for 3 years though so I won’t be challenging her lies or mistakes
The whole ordeal was distressing and am glad to put it behind me for a couple of years hopefully but will live in dreading the next brown letter arriving
If you can get a couple of cassette recorders an record your assessment I think it helped me but would prefer video if we could so there are no inconsistencies
Good luck to everyone on this journey be strong

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.