× Members

DLA to PIP

More
4 years 2 months ago #243320 by Crimble
Replied by Crimble on topic DLA to PIP
So, I had a letter for another at home assessment, I had to request a change of the date. Now I've had a text from DWP saying "we've received your written report, we'll be in touch within 6 weeks! Not sure if they've decided not to do a second assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243326 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Crimble

There's a possibility they may have decided not to - they may have had an improved report, but you might want to ring them and check and you may want to get a copy of the updated report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble

More
4 years 2 months ago #243332 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Crimble

Excuse me for barging in but who is IAS?

I've had the same with my assessment report, I sent DWP a letter correcting everything. Nothing was mentioned to my advantage. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't say that I began by doing cartwheels & finished off doing the splits. So I suppose I should think myself lucky that it only reported me crouching & doing a power grip, of course it never happened. There's loads of copy & pasting going on, it saves them time. I was wondering if they had to do so many reports a day to make any money, & if they cut or stop an award they get extra pay. I've looked at the reviews on people who worked for Capita, they're not good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
4 years 2 months ago #243334 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Bud

IAS is Independent Assessment Services - they carry out the assessments for PIP on behalf of the DWP. They used to be known as ATOS.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 2 months ago #243865 by Crimble
Replied by Crimble on topic DLA to PIP
Just had my second at home assessment!
The assessor seemed better than the first, although we know things are not always how the seem.
I will request a copy of the second assessment next week.
Also had a letter regarding my complaint which is being investigated.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243868 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Crimble

Hope you have a better experience this time, fingers crossed for both, complaint and assessment.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Crimble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.