× Members

Backdating PIP to 2016 after rule change?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241907 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic Backdating PIP to 2016 after rule change?
Hi Mosala/Gordon
I only got the 4 points 3 years ago, and then had a letter last year saying they were looking at mobility again, so it looks like I was one of the early ones to get checked with the opd rule. I expected to get mobility with my claim 3 years ago, and when it was reviewed with the checking through all claims due to the opd rule, it was not changed, I was kept on the 4 points.(I was surprised again)
Yet this time I got it the mobility with the assessor quoting the consultant's exact same evidence that was with my claim 3 years ago!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241923 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic Backdating PIP to 2016 after rule change?
Well, that sounds good then as the decision (after tribunal) was made in July 2017. I wonder if I should contact them in case I have been over looked?

More
4 years 4 months ago #241924 by mosala
Cruella, What date was your decision made? My circumstances are the same now as they were 3 years ago too. I don't think I got a letter though, so perhaps I have been overlooked.

More
4 years 4 months ago #241927 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdating PIP to 2016 after rule change?

mosala wrote: Well, that sounds good then as the decision (after tribunal) was made in July 2017. I wonder if I should contact them in case I have been over looked?

The Tribunal remakes the original Decision and it applies from the same date as that Decision so it doesn't matter when the Tribunal was, it is the date of the original Decision that is important.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 4 months ago #241998 by mosala
Gordon wrote "The Tribunal remakes the original Decision and it applies from the same date as that Decision so it doesn't matter when the Tribunal was, it is the date of the original Decision that is important"

I was 'told' of the Decision in a letter dated 28 Nov 2016. So if the actual Decision was made before 28 Nov 2016 then I suppose I won't qualify? I was hoping that they would go by the Tribunal Decision.

More
4 years 4 months ago #242014 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdating PIP to 2016 after rule change?
mosala

Unless there was an Effective Date on the letter then the Decision should apply from the date on the Decision Letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.