× Members

Autism night time care DLA to PIP for 15 year old

More
4 years 3 months ago #242795 by Gordon
ljm

He won't be asked to claim PIP until he reaches 16, the law does not allow it.

When he is asked, then his DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision on the PIP claim is made.

The PIP legislation requires the DWP to initiate a PIP transfer for someone reaching 16 "as soon as reasonably practicable after the person reaches that age."

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #242804 by Becky
Apologies Gordon, it was not my intention to mislead anyone regarding informing DWP of changes. I was trying to suggest the member could wait a little longer to see if the condition of their son remains the same for a few weeks rather than jumping the gun and stirring up something that didn't pan out.
My situation was similar in that I was eager to inform DWP of changes but my assessor told me that my circumstances needed to run their course. I hope I didn't come across as a fraud.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #242823 by ljm7
Thank you Gordon. When do they write to him? I need to prepare him as currently he has no idea and with his autism and anxiety, I must take it steadily for him. Do they send the first letter to coincide with his 16th birthday?

More
4 years 3 months ago #242826 by BIS
Hi ljm7

When do they write to him? I need to prepare him as currently he has no idea and with his autism and anxiety, I must take it steadily for him. Do they send the first letter to coincide with his 16th birthday?

Gordon answered this in his previous post

The PIP legislation requires the DWP to initiate a PIP transfer for someone reaching 16 "as soon as reasonably practicable after the person reaches that age."

There is no exact date - it is up to the DWP.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: ljm7

More
4 years 3 months ago #243003 by ljm7
So it might be after his birthday? I’m more concerned for him that it isn’t before as he will be sitting some big exams this summer and don’t want a letter like that to throw him off course? Someone said it’s when they are 15 and a half which didn’t make sense

More
4 years 3 months ago #243013 by BIS
Hi jlm7

Yes it should be after his birthday (but we are not the people sending out the forms.)

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: ljm7

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.