× Members

PIP Home Assessment

More
4 years 2 months ago #243747 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Home Assessment
Hi Jo2468

Thank you for posting to the forum, it gives other members hope. We are pleased that you had a good experience with your home assessment and hope everything goes the way you expect, keep us informed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo2468

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243756 by Starw0n
Replied by Starw0n on topic PIP Home Assessment
Hi Gaye

I had my PIP home assessment today. I just wrote a post on it because it was unlike any other I'd ever had. I was given ESA questions as well as the PIP ones. Please make sure you are familiar with your answers for both benefits.

Aside from that I agree with Sue. The assessors are pleasant, professional and punctual.

I wish you luck.

Jayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo2468

More
4 years 2 months ago #243762 by Jo2468
Replied by Jo2468 on topic PIP Home Assessment
Thank you Gary, I will let you and others know the outcome when it arrives. In the meantime I send good wishes to all who are going through this terrible process.

If it had not been for your guides and at times support on here, I would never have felt strong enough to put a change of circumstances in. If it hadn't been for this invaluable website, I would never have succeeded in getting the daily help that I desperately need. Thanks doesn't even come close to the help I've received through the guides on here.

I became a member when I went to Tribunal alone with my husband in March 2018. Ditching my legal advisor who said I had no chance.. and won. Ever since then, I've kept my subscription going and will continue to do so.

When I realised my illnesses were getting worse I put off putting a change of circumstances in to the dwp fearing I would lose my standard rate on both. Your guides inspired me to go through it all again because I whilst I knew I could lose everything, I also knew my needs had changed.

So thank you again, and good luck to everyone going through the trauma of PIP.

Best wishes
Xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
4 years 2 months ago #243776 by Jo2468
An MP cannot dictate a recorded home assessment be undertaken.

That was foolish advice. I am being honest when I say I recorded my assessment..... it has since been deleted after my truthful assessment report.

My advice is... don't do it. Listening to my 2hr assessment caused more pain than good. When I received the report it was accurate.

I think you are on the wrong path to getting the help that you need.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243777 by Jo2468
Hello Gaye

I hope your appointment/assessment goes well.

The fact that you are alone on a home assessment would probably worry anyone on here.

Don't do anything to try to make your life normal.. don't hoover before if you can't do it normally.

I worry that you are alone on a home assessment.

If you are genuine about how you live from day to day and how it affects you ... then the assessment will be ok. Please try to get someone to be with you.

My heart goes out to you .

Xx

More
4 years 2 months ago #243832 by gaye
Replied by gaye on topic PIP Home Assessment
Thank you all so much for your advice and positivity. My assessment is on Monday morning,
so I will report back. xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.