× Members

PIP Home Assessment

More
4 years 2 months ago #243351 by Dan Statham
Replied by Dan Statham on topic PIP Home Assessment
If you are able, it might be a good idea to ask the MP's consent and record the assessment on your phone. Not just because it's a good thing to refer to if you need to have a MR / appeal / tribunal. Handy to have if the report is wildly different to the conversation, written by another MP or whatever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243356 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home Assessment
D

An assessor will not agree to any recording being made on a digital device such as a phone or tablet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jo2468

More
4 years 2 months ago #243438 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic PIP Home Assessment

Gordon wrote: They may ask you to walk in the room that you receive them in but you can refuse any activity that would cause you unreasonable physical or mental harm.

Which might not be a bad idea, if applicable. This walking around indoors may be used to make assumptions on your ability to "get around", "getting around" being defined as being outdoors on the road, so possibly a completely different kettle of fish!

Don't feel under any obligation to make a special effort, e.g. by tidying, cleaning, getting dressed if you don't normally, etc - or in fact anything else you wouldn't normally do. The HP is supposed to get an idea of what your life is like under normal circumstances, not a nicely smartened-up version of it.

Best of luck!

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

More
4 years 2 months ago #243689 by johng
Replied by johng on topic PIP Home Assessment
I have a home medical assesment next week,DLA-PIP,my condition is worse than it was when i was last assessed for DLA 5 years ago.
Thank you for the previous posts,i was worried about what they would be up to in my flat,i just dont like strangers in my home,esp ones who start having a nosey around in cupboards etc.Fingers crossed it goes well for me.
Thanks again.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243701 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic PIP Home Assessment
My wife had a home F2F assessment in December 2019, she did not walk at anytime the assessor was present due to feeling unable to.. I had let him into the house.. Assessor just asked what aids we have in the house/bathroom which we told him (grab rails, raised toilet seat, toilet frame etc) he did not wish to see them.. The assessor arrived at 11am my wife had only got up from bed at 10.30am as she had been feeling unwell and was still in her pyjamas when he arrived. Yet when we obtained a copy of his report it stated she was "appropriately dressed", had a good appearance and the usual "maintained good eye contact" along with the farcical "good grip" with the stupid `pinch test`.. She has arthritis in her both hands and as I have mentioned in another post this test should be determined by a dynamometer machine which would show the exact pinch test reading/result as at present it is all biased in favour of the assessors opinion on the grip of the patient which they nearly always say is "GOOD".. He also stated my wife "walked one metre" which was totally untrue.. All very nice to your face but they do make up a lot of untruths in the final reports.. We are awaiting the DWP`s final decision before I decide to continue with a MR if things don`t go as we hope...

More
4 years 2 months ago #243745 by Jo2468
Replied by Jo2468 on topic PIP Home Assessment
Hi, I had my ftf home assessment on the 10th January after my MP became involved.

When the assessor arrived she was really friendly. She was an RN who worked full time for ATOS. i naturally didn't trust her after a previous home assessor lied through her teeth.

This one was different. When she talked to me she clearly showed that she had read the full reports. The appt lasted nearly 2 hrs. My husband was with me throughout.

I offered for her to check my home and she told me it wasn't necessary. I offered to do any physical assessment and she made it clear I was in too much pain to do so. I told her I was worried that it would be seen to be refusing.

She was genuinely nice and had a clear insight into my illnesses. She left and after the weekend my husband requested a copy of report. I received it on the 19th January 2020 and in all honesty, I was petrified to open it.

I would suggest that everyone worried about their assessment requests a copy. I'm still awaiting confirmation of an increased award. Reading the report is distressing so make sure someone is there to help go through it with you. I cried a lot reading in black and white what my life has become having my illnesses.

The report, 30 pages long was comprehensive and truthful. She had really listened to me. After reading the report my husband and I worked out that based on her assessment, my scores will increase from 11 points daily living to 18. And 10 points on mobility to 22.

So please try not to worry too much and I know first hand how that can be difficult. I slept 8 hours over the preceding week after the trauma of taking the dwp to tribunal on my 2017 first claim for pip. Tbh, it's a fear that doesn't dissipate. My pip was a change of circumstances.

I hope things go well for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C, Jan1955

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.