× Members

My son dla to pip transfer

More
4 years 2 months ago #244794 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My son dla to pip transfer
Hi Anisty

You are going to tie yourself up in knots if you keep worrying if you answered a question in a particular way. The form has gone in now and there is nothing to be done with it. You cannot try and discuss it - what if they did not understand what you are trying to say? Yes, it could be a complete mess even if they agreed to listen, which I doubt.

You are not the assessor and it is entirely up to the assessor what he is awarded. And if by any chance he was awarded enhanced - so be it. The assessor does not just look at whether you have ticked yes, or no to any questions - they read what you have written fo each question and they make a judgment on that, against the criteria and any additional evidence.

Plenty of claimants tick particular boxes and the assessor makes a different decision, or they leave them blank and the assessor makes a decision. I even know several people who have left whole sections blank but been awarded points for sections because of the evidence they sent it. This is not an exact science.

I think you answered the question, in the same way, I would have done from what you have said, but I don't know your son or his circumstances and I am not an assessor.

For your own sake - let it go and wait for the decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anisty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244801 by Anisty
Replied by Anisty on topic My son dla to pip transfer
Aw thanks so much for this @BIS. You are so right and my husband has said exactly the same thing as you. At the end of the day I have answered all questions faithfully and it is up to them to get on and make a decision. I will try to settle down and leave well alone.

Thanks again!

More
4 years 1 month ago #245529 by Anisty
Replied by Anisty on topic My son dla to pip transfer
An update to my thread - unable to stand the wait any longer, i was spurred on to call dwp for an assessment report after the application form for my son's new bus pass arrived. They will only accept pip/dla evidence to renew his pass.

So glad i called.

Called on monday, 9th march. Less than 48hrs later, on wednesday, 11th march, the assessment report arrived!

So it looks like they are recommending 20 points daily living and 12 on mobility.

So - some things that have come out of this that could help others:

1) they DO consider really old evidence. They DID base their report on my son's autism assessment, dated november, 2011

2) they do adjust the points if you have under reported.

I had put on the form that my son has no difficulties with dressing. I just ticked the box 'no' and even wrote 'no problem' in the extra info box but they have noticed themselves that that is inconsistant with the prompting he needs with showering.

Rather than awarding no points on both activities, they have given points on both.

Which is correct, as after i posted the form, i realised i had dashed in and answered wrongly - my son can dress and undress no problem at all but he does wear dirty clothes and often exactly the same clothes so im well impressed they seem to have worked that out for themselves.

Overall, i am happy with the report. There are one or two little things not right but it is good on the whole.

When i called dwp on tuesday, they said i am unlikely to hear the final decision before the end of april.

To get some dates in then: invited to apply for pip late december 2019 (dla to pip transfer)

Posted pip2 back 8th jan 2020

They had it scanned onto their system: 14th jan

No face to face.

Health assessor calls my son's support worker: 4th feb 2020

Dwp receive decision 5th feb 2020

I receive a 'we have all the info needed to make a decision letter' 22nd feb 2020

Will keep you posted as to when we get the award letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

More
4 years 1 month ago #245534 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic My son dla to pip transfer
Hi Anisty

So good to hear about your 'tentative' good news and thank you for reporting on your experience.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anisty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.