× Members

Pip result

More
4 years 3 months ago #243365 by Esme999
Replied by Esme999 on topic Pip result
Hi Bud yes I'm sure that I am correct. I am not sure if you have misread my post I was merely referring to the lease car from Mobility not any other part of the award I was told by Motability call handler that I would be able to keep my motability car until the outcome/decision of my MR was made. All that I was required to do regarding Mobility was I had to notify them that I had lodged an MR and the lease on my motability car would be extended until the decison of the MR had been issued by the DWP. I am only commenting on the Mobility lease car situation not any payments that are made. I was also told that if my MR was successful and I was upgraded from middle to higher rate mobility which would result in a back payment then I would have to pay that money to Mobility as I would have had the use of the car during the MR period and as such would be responsible for any payments due.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243377 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip result
Hi Esme999

There is no middle rate Mobility, under DLA it was either low or high rate and under PIP it is either Standard or Enhanced rate.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243542 by Esme999
Gary I meant I was on Higher DLA mobility

I went through the transition from DLA to PIP

After f2f I was awarded PIP standard mobility

Mobility operations lease explained if I went for MR and challenged the level of PIP awarded effectively seeking Enhanced rate for mobility I would be allowed to keep my car until the outcome of the MR

If I was successful and received any backdated payments I would be required to repay that to Mobility operations as I had use of the car

Hopefully that clears up any confusion I may have caused

More
4 years 3 months ago #243553 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic Pip result

Esme999 wrote: Gary I meant I was on Higher DLA mobility

I went through the transition from DLA to PIP

After f2f I was awarded PIP standard mobility

Mobility operations lease explained if I went for MR and challenged the level of PIP awarded

effectively seeking Enhanced rate for mobility I would be allowed to keep my car until the
outcome of the MR

If I was successful and received any backdated payments I would be required to repay that to Mobility operations as I had use of the car

Hopefully that clears up any confusion I may have caused

Esme, who is responsible for the continued car lease payments if the MR is unsuccessful, bearing in mind there seems to be no time limit on MR's?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243597 by Esme999
Becky It was explained to me by the Mobility Lease Operations customer adviser that whilst any MR is taking place there is no payments to be made by the claimant however, if the MR is successful and an enhanced award is made any monies paid to the claimant from the DWP would be required to be paid to Mobilility as the claimant would have had use of the car during the period in question.

If the MR is unsuccessful then the motability car would be required to be returned unless the person took the offer of purchasing the vehicle from motability.

I decided not to pursue an MR due to the fact I received an ongoing award standard for both with a review date not before 2029 in effect 10 years after which time I will be past pension age and hopefully a soft touch review.

So I will now purchase the car I had on Motability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Becky

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.