× Members

Response times for requesting forms

More
4 years 2 months ago #243411 by ELEANOR
Response times for requesting forms was created by ELEANOR
My daughter has Asperger's Syndrome. She wants to claim benefits as she has not been able to work for fourteen months due to tendonitis in her forearms and wrists. She lives 130 miles away but, on a visit home at Christmas, we discussed her making a claim and I volunteered to phone the DWP on her behalf to request a form. She preferred to write to them to ask for a form. I posted her letter first class on January 6. She has not yet received the form. Is the DWP obliged to respond to such letters within a specific time? My husband also requested a form at the same time so that he and I could help her to complete it. His letter requesting a form was also posted first class on January 6. he has not received a claim form either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243416 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Response times for requesting forms
irisheyes

What benefit is she/your husband trying to claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243487 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Response times for requesting forms
She lives in Vale of White Horse District, Oxfordshire, so I don't know whether she can claim PIP but that's what she wants to claim.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243489 by ELEANOR
She wants to claim PIP but I don't know if Universal Credit has been rolled out in her area. She is in a relationship so the last time she tried to claim any kind of benefits her boyfriend filled in the claim form for both of them. He works part time and they live with his parents. He works in Blenheim Palace so there is more work available at busy times. They got nothing at all for six weeks, one payment of £60, then his hours increased and the benefits were stopped. They both have Asperger's and found making a claim very stressful so we have been supporting our daughter financially now for two and a half years. She has absolutely no income of her own.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Response times for requesting forms
irisheyes

PIP does not come under the Univeral Credit umbrella.

Is there any reason that she cannot phone the PIP Claim line to start a claim? I know you have said that she preferred to write for the form but I don't think we have had anybody who has done this who have not had problems getting copies of the form.

Her claim will not start until the DWP have a completed PIP1 which is usually done while they the claimant is on the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
4 years 2 months ago #243526 by ELEANOR
She has Asperger's Syndrome and is practically phobic about making or receiving calls. I will tell her that she must phone herself or allow someone else to phone for her. Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.