× Members

Response times for requesting forms

More
4 years 2 months ago #243527 by SUE C C
Replied by SUE C C on topic Response times for requesting forms
Hello irisheyes

I too do not like talking to people I don't know over the phone, even if it was for PIP. Instead of starting my DLA to PIP transition over the phone, I asked them if they could not send me a paper PIP1 declaration form for me to complete and return. They did, slightly reluctantly send me one and also extended the return date for it by a week. So if your daughter has someone who could initiate the call for her, she would only have to confirm that she's given her permission for someone to speak on her behalf, then she too might be able to start the PIP process using a posted paper PIP1 application. Good luck. Sue

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243541 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Response times for requesting forms
Thanks, Sue. I offered to initiate the call for her four weeks ago and she said no. After telling her what Gordon said on here she has agreed to let me phone for her. As we live 130 miles apart the DWP will have to phone her to get her permission to speak to me. Life isn't easy when your children have ASDs.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243568 by ELEANOR
I phoned the DWP this afternoon, the number for making a new PIP claim. I spoke to a woman and told her that my daughter had posted, first class, on January 6, a letter requesting a claim form and had not yet received one. I asked if a form could be sent to her today. The woman said, 'I've not heard of that because the first part of the claim has to be done over the phone.' I replied, 'Okay. I'll have to advise my daughter to write to her MP and complain.' 'I'll just pop you on hold,' she said. Two minutes later she said, 'I'll send her a claim form today and it will be there within the next two weeks.' 'Thank you,' I said. 'By the way, she got the information about writing to request a form from the DWP website.'

More
4 years 2 months ago #244320 by ELEANOR
My daughter finally received the form six weeks after writing to request it.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244325 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Response times for requesting forms
Hi irisheyes

Thank you for letting the forum know as the information will be useful for some members.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #245414 by ELEANOR
The form my daughter received and which I completed was in place of the initial telephone assessment. I am still waiting for the second form. Two months after requesting the form her claim has not even started to be dealt with.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.