× Members

PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"

More
4 years 2 months ago #243646 by bumblescrew
PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT" was created by bumblescrew
Hi folks.

I've got the rest of the abbreviations on the Report figured out, but there is one that is beating me which is "CMT"

Does anybody know what it stands for?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243652 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"
Hi bumblescrew

In which context are they using the term CMT?

I have found a meaning below on google, but only you will know if it applies to you.

Medically Qualifying Under A Disability Listing: CMT is a form of peripheral neuropathy, meaning it affects the nerves and muscles in the arms, legs, hands, and feet.

Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) is a neurological condition. It leads to muscle wasting, especially in the lower legs.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243704 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"
Hmm, seems unlikely to me. I would have expected anyone who has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease to be aware of the abbreviation CMT being used for it: I recall it as being pretty common because the full name is so longwinded. I can't think what else it might stand for, though.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

More
4 years 2 months ago #243932 by bumblescrew
Replied by bumblescrew on topic PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"
Thanks for the replies folks.

In the report it's used for all descriptors, for example when talking about "Engaging with others face to face" it states....

"The CQ and FH reports that he avoids mixing due to anxiety and panic attacks.
This is inconsistent with the IOs, MSE, HOC and CMT which shows stable moods etc etc"

Any more ideas folks, as we are trying to put together a letter to fight for my PIP application via MR, but we want to understand all their language used so we can contradict it and tell them it's lies.

Cheers!

Ricky.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243936 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"
Hi bumblescrew

I have just found on Gov web site 'DWP Guidance Your personal information' – understanding DWP abbreviations
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...de-dwp-corporate.pdf

CMT stands for 'Customer Management Team'

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheHud, MooBear

More
4 years 2 months ago #243941 by bumblescrew
Replied by bumblescrew on topic PIP Report Abbreviations - "CMT"
Thanks a million Gary you're a diamond.

Much appreciated mate, now we can get to work on this MR ;)

Kind regards,

Ricky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.