× Members

As expected

More
4 years 1 month ago #243939 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic As expected
Hi Gary

Do you mean the PA4 V3, or the final decision? We have both of them. I did send a letter after we got the PA4 V3 explaining in great detail the problems that my partner has, although it didn’t do any good.

As for the final award letter, that didn’t really say much. My partner has no recent letters from a consultant, but has ongoing problems with IBS diagnosed, vertigo, & MH diagnosed, but no longer see psychiatrist. He has a couple more diagnoses from a consultant osteoarthritis & on a CPAP for life, & ongoing heart problems.

The final report said the usual ... no input from psychiatrist, & not on maximum dose pills, no diagnosis from heart Dr (sorry my mind’s going after days of going through paperwork), he didn’t look tired, or anxious, could do exercises with only slight problems, No mention of strong pain killers for pain.

I am seeing WR tomorrow, I just didn’t want to turn up with a pile of papers for them to have to go through. Is it worth sending in history of illness, for example one letter from each consultant or Dr?

Thanks, the support is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243943 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic As expected
Hi Bud

Good luck for tomorrow, the main issue with people with long term conditions especially anxiety and depression is that when first diagnosed you see everyone but over time you have seen everyone and there is no one else to see so you just have to live with your condition with the occasional input from your doctor who may try and change your medication from time to time.

So at the beginning you have loads of medical evidence but over time you have none, apart from repeat prescriptions.

So the answer to your question is yes, use the medical evidence that maybe old but if your condition has not changed then it is still very relevant. I would always look for the evidence which explains your condition(s) fully.

In regards to pain killer medication, I spoke to a lady last week who informed me that she has been in pain all her life from a RTA and has learnt to live with it. Pain to one person can be completely different to another person. You usually get from the assessors report 'no appointment to a pain clinic' but that does not mean the person is not in pain.

Yes it is alway worth sending in history of illnesses, you have to have a condition for 3 months before your claim and throughout the 9 months after your claim (The 9 month prospective period).

I would take in all your medical evidence and let them choose what letters would help your cause. If you miss appointments, explain why you missed appointments, it could be due to your ill health.
Consultant letters are very good if you are still receiving treatment, if you no longer receive treatment but still suffer from the condition I would still add them as it shows your history.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 1 month ago #243946 by Bud
We have loads of letters from psychiatrist … & they do say everything you could ever wish for, but then they spoil it by saying he has no problem with crowds or stuff that just isn't correct. I'm thinking that they either didn't hear what you said, or perhaps got you confused with another patient. Or possibly play everything down, so should the worst happen then they are covered.

Thanks Gary, feel much better now

More
4 years 1 month ago #243949 by Becky
Replied by Becky on topic As expected
Bud, just a thought but does your GP surgery have online services at all? By this I mean, can you book appointments and discuss/order medications and access online consultations? I'm thinking maybe it could help lessen your partners anxiety by avoiding face to face consults but still having at least a form of contact with your doctor. This can then be printed off for 'evidence'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
4 years 1 month ago #243954 by Bud
Hi Becky

Yes I'm signed up to the online services & book appointments … But we're unable to have online consultations as far as I'm aware. Suddenly I have visions of the Dr facetiming me

More
4 years 1 month ago #243958 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic As expected
Hi Bud

That would be a new one to me, but I cannot see why a Dr could not facetime you or WhatsApp you if you are unable to go out. It would be ideal if you lived in a rural area.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.