× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 2 months ago #244894 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
mememe

You need to review the Descriptors for this activity in the PIP Claim guide.

Being unable to get in or out of a bath or shower scores higher than Needs assistance to be able to wash either their hair or body below the waist but if you are going to score higher then you will need to show a higher level of disability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246126 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic PIP renewal
Could you tell me when the clock starts ticking when you are sent a PIP review decision ? Is it the date of the review form, the date of your f2f or the date of the decision letter.? Thank you.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246128 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
mememe

You have one month from the date of the Decision Letter to request an MR but you can make a Late request up to 13 months after but you will need to provide Good Cause for the delay, which of course needs to be accepted although at the moment I doubt this will be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #246150 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic PIP renewal
I am awaiting my decision letter from my PIP review. I received the form beginning of October, I was one of the first to tell B&W that for some it had changed to 6 month review as I had rung DWP as I had expected the form back in April, 12 months before. I had a f2f beginning of Feb and rang and rec’d a copy of the assessors report. It went in my favour, but as I have explained on an earlier post the report was full of lies, and also twisted answers. The report was all based on the MSE which never happened. I also suffer from depression, anxiety and ptsd and have been referred by my GP, then Psychologist to be assessed for whether I needed help. I was assessed and have a report from Mental Health Team, stating I have all 3 severe and am on a 9 month waiting list for CBT. I gave her a copy of this, which she has written on the form she has no anxiety, depression, ptsd and has no input from a mental health team, although she is waiting 9 months for a health Team and takes no medication. I am on Prozac and explained at the f2f I had been offered an increase, but declined due to side effects. She has missed the Mental off the letter which I feel to purposely to misguide the decision maker. I got HR mobility last time 8 for not being able to follow a route due to cognitive issues and 8 for moving around. Even had the would need help at reassessment marker. She has said I showed no cognitive issues as I answered all q’s without being prompted and was able to recite all my medication and doses and understood all my conditions without help so has a good memory. I had cried throughout the f2f and had not been asked about my medication, I wouldn’t have a clue on dosages etc, but gave her a printout of my repeat prescription. I asked my partner on several q’s as I didn’t under sat and the q’s. She was aware I had a copy of my review form which she said was ok as I explained I needed it due to poor memory and cognitive issues and she said no problem. I can’t get my head round how a professional nurse working for the DWP can lie, knowing that people with mental health issues will dwell on their lies and make the client decline. It’s bad enough having to go through this lengthy process without this. On her way out she told me that the length of awards are 18month to 3 years, I queried why, when all my conditions have been ongoing, as evidenced by my medical report from my GP printout, she said well you are on the waiting list for your mental health so could improve, but yet she has put on my report that I don’t have mental issues. As you can see I am really stressed waiting for the postman every day. Can you advise when I get the decision letter advising my award and say 3 years, when does that 3 years start? Is it beginning of Oct, the date on review form, date of f2f or the date of the decision letter?

More
4 years 1 month ago #246153 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP renewal
Hi Mememe

The length of the award and the starting point will be clear when you receive your decision letter. I don't want to try and speculate as to the exact date but it is generally sometime from the decision letter.

She was talking absolute rubbish when she said the length of the awards are 18 months or 3 years. They can be anything up to ten years.

BIS

More
4 years 1 month ago #246187 by gixxacath
Replied by gixxacath on topic PIP renewal
I am dreading the letter for my review, my anxiety has gone out of control , these nurses or Physio people get on my nerves , I can’t stand them they have to fail people but the drug ones get kept on pip not fair.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.