× Members

Work as therapy for pip

More
4 years 2 months ago #244014 by Andrew58
Replied by Andrew58 on topic Work as therapy for pip
Thanks BIS
Would that be 1 e. And 2 d do you think ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244021 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work as therapy for pip
Andrew

Yes, 2(d) may fit, activity 1 is only about a claimant being able to prepare and cook a meal, issues with eating will not be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244066 by Andrew58
Thanks Gordon
My relative has self harm issues too
Where would that be covered on pip review please

More
4 years 2 months ago #244072 by Gordon
Andrew

PIP does not directly deal with issues such as this, you need to look at the triggers for this and see how they fit with the PIP activities.

All of the activities need to be done safely, this is part of the "reliability" criteria, so a couple of examples;

If the person, due to their eating disorder, is liable to harm themselves if forced to eat then you can argue that they cannot Take Nutrition safely. A similar argument could be made for Going Out if they would harm themselves if required to undertake a journey or while they were following a route. There may be other activities that you could apply this to.

What you will need is evidence to support the harming, Doctors or Nurse appointments, attendance at A&E.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244710 by Andrew58
Hi didn’t think I should start a new thread to ask this advice. Hope am correct.
Just that my relative has be told by his gp to buy a mouth guard
It is to prevent teeth clenching as a result of side effects of his medication
He would need to wear this for bed each night
Would this class as help with therapy it is on his gp records that he has been advised
It’s called bruxism and is a known side effect of this drug.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244741 by Gordon
Andrew

I'm afraid I can't see what this has to do with therapy but more importantly, there appears to be no requirement for prompting, assistance or supervision which is required by the Descriptor.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.