× Members

ias/atos have accepted my evidence of lying assess

More
4 years 2 months ago #244145 by Johnylee
After months of waiting and me sending of evidence the assessor lied about ALL of the assessment the assessment company have replied to my complaint and accepted the assessment is flawed. They had the cheek to offer me another one but iv declined and told dwp I wont be having one and I'm continuing with my mandatory reconsideration.

I sent evidence that the supposed 20 metres was only 11 and iv asked them to prove it isnt.

The letter states the assessor mistakenly wrote I'd done an upper body assessment even though none was done. They're being careful how they write it but it's as good as admitting she lied.

I'd now like someone to suggest a solicitor who I can contact with regards to taking legal action whether I win the mandatory reconsideration or not. I have clear evidence of a fraudulent assessment and pretty much an admission of guilt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo, HappyHappy2, Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244150 by Gary
Hi Johnylee

You are not alone, unfortunately we come across numerous posts the same as yours where the assessors reports do not resemble what was said at the assessment.

Recommending a solicitor to take legal action is beyond the scope of this forum, you may want to contact your local Citizen Advice for help, my only advice is when using solicitors costs can be quite high unless you can find one who will take on your case on a pro bono.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
4 years 2 months ago #244154 by alisp
Wow, congratulations. I wish I'd known we could report the assessors when my caree had hers done, because we would have done, too.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

More
4 years 2 months ago #244156 by Jo2468
Hello Johnylee

On my own assessment I wasn't a member on here. I too fell foul of a HP who lied about doing a physical exam etc. To put a not to finer point on it, it was like a red flag to a bull for me.

I complained to both ATOS and the DWP and also the nursing council. Despite the evidence I had, non of my appeals were upheld. The good news from ATOS was that the RGN was distraught when hearing I had complained. Let's hope that she thinks about the reports she is doing and the impact her lies have on those who are genuinely ill.

From experience and having gone through the full complaints process, it wrecked me. I was constantly in fight mode with the DWP and IAS. I wish that I hadn't done anything and gone to tribunal. My whole file was there to see which included letters sent which were not nice to say the least. I still came out of the Tribunal bruised and battered and was awarded standard on both.

Looking back, and if I were in your position right now, I would be concentrating on getting a new assessment. Tbh, you're lucky to have been offered one. I know I wasnt. The fact that you have been through the assessment process gives you a good indicator of what should be happening.

I do so feel for you. Do what you think is right for you. No one can make that decision for you. I can only speak for myself and the pointless stress and worry of complaining on top of dealing with a Tribunal.

My second assessment a couple of years later on my change of circumstances brought about a very different result.

I wish you well whatever you decide to do. Xxxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo, alisp, Dan Statham

More
4 years 1 week ago #246904 by Johnylee
I continued with my mandatory reconsideration and refused the reassessment and I won, if been awarded my higher rate again for both components

I now want to continue this fight and sue the assessor so any advice and recommendations who to go to is welcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
4 years 1 week ago #246913 by BIS
Hi Johnylee

Congratulations on winning your MR after all you have been through. Good to hear.

Suing the assessment services and/or assessor is outside the remit of the forum.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @MR @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.