× Members

PIP telephone assessment recording?

More
4 years 1 month ago #246159 by Alpro cherry
PIP telephone assessment recording? was created by Alpro cherry
Hello moderators, please could you advise. I have an appointment for a telephone PIP assessment. I was planning to record the f2f. Can I ask permission and then record the telephone assessment?? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246164 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Bananaporridge

Providing you are making the recording for your self and you do not intend to make it available to a third party then you do not need to notify the assessor that you are recording the call.

If you do tell them then I think it likely that the call will be terminated and you could be classed as failing to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #246168 by Alpro cherry
Replied by Alpro cherry on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Thank you - although this does seem discriminatory as you are at a disadvantage compared to people who have a face to face assessment and can record their assessment above board and use it as evidence.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246170 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Bananaporridge

The same rules, with the exception of the notification. apply to recordings made during a face to face assessment, they are intended for the claimant's personal use only, this does not mean that either of them cannot be used as evidence but you need to provide a transcript rather than the recording itself.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246774 by Alpro cherry
Replied by Alpro cherry on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Thank you. I have had my telephone assessment now. The assessor seemed very professional, friendly - but not overly so, and thorough. We'll see whether that's reflected in the outcome!!

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246801 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Do you mind if I ask how long the telephone assessment lasted and whether you had previously sent in additional evidence with your application. I am asking as I have a phone assessment on 16th April and am wondering what to expect. Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.