× Members

PIP telephone assessment recording?

More
4 years 1 month ago #246802 by Alpro cherry
Replied by Alpro cherry on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
furry
Hello. The telephone assessment lasted for around one hour and ten minutes. Yes, I had sent in several pieces of supporting evidence. The assessor ran through most of the questions that you can find in the guidance on this site (PIP assessment and review guide, p78 'Questions you may be asked at your medical assessment'),and seemed very professional and encouraging. Whether that is reflected in the outcome remains to be seen. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: furrypusscat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246808 by baden87
Replied by baden87 on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
I was told that the conversation in my phone assessment was not being recorded by them , so I asked if I could record for my personal use and the assessor said NO

More
4 years 1 month ago #246816 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Hello. May I ask what the timeline was you experienced, from when your current claim was due to expire to actually getting your telephone assessment? My PIP expires on 20 May next. I was told by phone I would be having a f2f some three weeks ago but this obviously is not going to happen. I realise they will not stop my benefit, but I'm just curious about their timelines. Thank you.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246835 by Alpro cherry
Replied by Alpro cherry on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Hello Margo
I was invited to apply just before Christmas. They received my 'How your disability affects you' form on 29 January and I had my assessment by telephone on 01 April. The assessor told me that it would be around 8 weeks for a decision - BUT, I rang the DWP today and they told me that any claims where the claimant was already in receipt of benefit was being suspended for 3, maybe 6 months - the process just being put on hold if you like. So I might not get a decision for another 6 months or so. Very frustrating but she explained that they have to prioritise people who are making new claims and are not getting any payments at the moment, which is understandable. Hope that is helpful. Good luck.

More
4 years 1 month ago #246842 by furrypusscat
Replied by furrypusscat on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Thank you Bananaporridge, That is helpful, wasn't expecting to be on phone that long, will have to make sure mobile is fully charged. I will look up the guide on this very useful site. Good luck also with your claim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpro cherry

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #246963 by Teasy55
Replied by Teasy55 on topic PIP telephone assessment recording?
Hi my partner got a letter telling him he was having a telephone assesment yesterday 9th April at 9 30 we waited for the call and by 2 o'clock they still had not rang .so I got on to capita and they said Dwp had recalled all the files and no telephone assesment were taking place .I told them it would have been nice of them to have informed us she just said there were thousands to be returned so could not contact everyone. This is in Northern Ireland dont know if same rules apply in other parts of uk .worth ringing to ask x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.