× Members

Pip review

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246807 by Lisa
Pip review was created by Lisa
My pip award ends in July 2020. I had to go to appeal in January 2019 after scoring 0 points in 2017 after a review. Thanks to this site I won my appeal. My concern is I haven’t received any review forms yet nor does it state in my award letter a date when this will happen, whereas in my original award notice back in 2015 it gives a date of after March 2017 which was when I received my first review. I would just hate for it to stop completely after my July payment and have to start the process from scratch again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #246821 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review
Hi Nasil

Review forms normally come out approx six months before the end date. Obviously this hasn't happened because of the current crisis. As you are probably aware reviews and assessments have been suspended except those that were already in progress so your money won't be suddenly stopped - the process will just be pushed back. We can't say when you will receive the form because some people are still receiving paperwork. If you receive it, you will have to fill it out immediately.

www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-u...ssessments-suspended

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by BIS.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246824 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Pip review
Thanks for answering
I think I was concerned because I thought i should of received it at beginning of year and my award notice doesn’t state a date unlike my first award notice.
I shall rest a bit easier now

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246825 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review
Nasil

I think it possible from your post that your award is up for renewal rather than reassessment and that is why you have not received a form yet, you mention that there is no notice of reassessment on the award letter as you have received before which would be consistent with a renewal.

Whilst the DWP have said that they will extend awards if an assessment cannot be done this may still be dependant on your contacting the DWP to say that you want your PIP claim to continue.

I would contact the PIP Claim line to make the renewal, it is important that you refer to it as a renewal rather than a new claim especially if you have passed State Retirement Age.

A renewal means that you will receive a PIP2 rather than the AR1 Review form and you will need to provide evidence in support of your claim as I would not expect your previous forms to be looked at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246948 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Pip review
I rang but just got a recorded message saying that if your claim is up for review or has an end date that they will be contacting you shortly with more information on what happens next.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246953 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review
Nasil

You need to stay on top of this, all the DWP have said at the moment is that the process is suspended for three months, they have not explained how they will deal with claims when everything restarts and you don't want to be caught out.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.