× Members

ESA NOT PAID TODAY

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246962 by taylor
ESA NOT PAID TODAY was created by taylor
HI,
Has anyone else not been paid their ESA today. I have not been paid, this has never happened before.
I tried calling DWP but they are closed for holidays.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juleslewis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246966 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA NOT PAID TODAY
Hi Taylor

I can't find anywhere that says the dates benefits are going to be paid over the bank holidays. The government website says that some may be paid early if they are due Good Friday or Easter Monday. That hasn't happened for you. It may be a glitch in the banking system and may come later. Sorry nothing more I can say.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juleslewis

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246967 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic ESA NOT PAID TODAY
Thanks for your reply Bis.

I have read that payments due today were supposed to be paid yesterday (Thursday 9th)

I should have checked yesterday, then I would have been able to contact DWP. They are closed today.

Do you or anyone know if they are open for telephone calls on Saturday ?

Also do the DWP contact you before stopping or suspending your payments for some reason ?

Thank you

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246968 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA NOT PAID TODAY
Hi Taylor

Some areas are open on a Saturday, but whether they will be tomorrow - who knows.

The DWP are notoriously bad for not informing claimants their payments have stopped - so you need to keep checking in with them. (Not easy I know!)

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor, Juleslewis

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246970 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic ESA NOT PAID TODAY
Hi Taylor,
My ESA payment was not made yesterday the due day, when I called the guy explained it as a technical glitch that happens from time to time. He was able to process the payment manually and it reached my account within the hour.
I thought it may have been just my claim that was affected but perhaps the glitch he mentioned has impacted on many claimants, yourself included.
It was quickly sorted though it did take over an hour hanging on the phone to get through!
Hope this info helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246972 by freddey
Replied by freddey on topic ESA NOT PAID TODAY
if it helps, my sister was due a esa payment today (friday) and was paid yesterday . manchester area
The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.