× Members

PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 10 months ago #247902 by libra1
Hello Gordon and Everybody,

My fixed term PIP award is due to end in November 2020. It was awarded by the DWP, i.e. not after appeal by a tribunal.

I was told back in November 2019 by a DWP PIP phone advisor that it would be reviewed 6 months before it was due to end, after May 2020 (rather than 12 months before like they used to do, i.e. after November 2019). I still haven't received an AR1 Review form and was aware reviews and reassessments of disability benefits were not taking place because of the coronavirus crisis. Even so, I phoned the DWP PIP enquiry line (0800 121 4433) today to chase it up.

I was told by the DWP PIP phone advisor who looked at my case on her system that my award has been automatically extended by 6 months to May 2021. She told me it would not be reviewed currently as had previously been advised last November because of the coronavirus crisis. She told me a letter informing me of this extension will be sent out to me nearer the time of my current award's original end date.

I was confused. I thought only PIP awards due to actually end in the 3 months from 24th April 2020 were being extended by 6 months. But she assured me that it applies to reassessments and reviews due to take place in that period (i.e. mine, after 1st May 2020) and not just awards due to end.

I feel nervous about relying on this information from a phone advisor. She was adamant. But, I would have expected a letter being sent out to me in that case right now so that I have documentary evidence of my extended award. It would be all too easy to rely on a verbal reassurance from the DWP and then find in November 2020 that my PIP money is stopped because my award has ended.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Libra
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #247903 by BIS
Hi Libra1

I would just wait for your letter. The person would not just have made it up. If you haven't heard anything by mid Sept, you have plenty of time to contact them and get a form in.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 10 months ago #247904 by libra1
Hi Bis,

You're right. Just nervous about not having a letter of confirmation.

I was awarded ESA support group in March 2020 - just recently. My decision letter apparently was sent out but I have never received it. And, so far, I have had no luck in getting a replacement decision letter issued to me. Hence, my lack of faith in the DWP's assurances.

I will just have to wait for a letter, then.

Thank you.

Libra

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 9 months ago #248624 by libra1
Hello again,

Just to update. I received a letter from the DWP today telling me my PIP award due to expire in November 2020 has been extended by 6 months to May 2021.

Should I assume, therefore, that they won't send out an AR1 form until November? Review my award 6 months before the extended end date? Or, could one be sent at any time depending on if the current crisis eases?

Thank you.

Libra

More
3 years 9 months ago #248645 by BIS
Hi Libra 1

I would expect you to receive your renewal in about November - but it is impossible to say with absolute certainty.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 6 months ago #250839 by libra1
Hello Bis & everyone,

Having assumed I might be reviewed 6 months before my 6-month extended PIP award expires in May 2021, i.e. from November 2020, I have just received a PIP Review Form (Form 1043) 8 months before my award expires! And, so as reviews and reassessments have re-commenced, it looks like they are not wasting any time catching up. I phoned the DWP straightaway to ask for more time to complete it and obtain medical evidence, as it was sent a week ago and would have given me less than a month to do so. I was given a further 2 weeks deadline to return it, but also told that if I needed more time, I could phone again and request it.

This form is not like the last PIP Review Form - there are no tick boxes. And, the space given to provide information in the text boxes is miniscule and so additional sheets will have to be attached. Is there an online version of the PIP Review Form as there is for ESA50?

I know that all f-2-f PIP assessments have been suspended, and so I am likely to be assessed on paper or by telephone appointment. Any idea how long after returning my review form and supporting evidence phone appointments are made? Or, how long it is taking for decisions to be made?

Many thanks.

Libra

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.