× Members

PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!

More
3 years 6 months ago #250842 by BIS
Hi Libra1

No, there isn't an online version of the PIP review form.

I can't give you an accurate time for how soon you might be given a notice of an assessment. Some people have said they heard in a couple of weeks and some people have sent them back and waited for a long time - months!

When the assessments are taking place the decisions are coming in from anything to 2 - 6 weeks.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #250846 by Evelyn
I was told 8-10 weeks for a decision after the phone call. Currently on week 6 so fingers crossed I get the brown envelope soon! (I got a copy of the assessment and the HP said the same points as last time so I just hope the decision makers agrees!) My time scales were - due for review 17 th July, got 6 month extension letter to January on 14th July , then literally the next day got a telephone review date 28th July. Phoned for HP report 3 days later, received that in about 4 days. Got letter confirming all necessary info to make decision 12th August......nothing since!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, libra1, Gary

More
3 years 6 months ago #250872 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic PIP REVIEW - 6 MONTH EXTENSION, FORM 1043 RECEIVED
Hi Sue,

I am in exactly the same position as you, the only difference is my telephone call was on 21st July. If you get your decision can you post it?
Good luck :)

More
3 years 4 months ago #252782 by libra1
My original award was due to end in November 2020 - next week. In June, I received a letter extending it by 6 months to May 2021, while PIP award reviews were suspended because of Covid19.

I received a PIP Award Review Form (1043) in early September and returned it together with relevant medical evidence earlier this month. I didn't receive an acknowledgment of receipt by text, as I did the last time my award was reviewed. I phoned a couple of weeks after I know they received it, as I have proof of postage. The phone advisor confirmed it had been received and uploaded but was yet to be seen by a DWP Case Manager yet. She also said that reviews were being dealt with in date order and confirmed mine had been extended to May 2021.

The phone advisor also told me that it hadn't been sent on to the Assessment Provider because a Case Manager would review it first and if there were no real changes or new conditions, then a Case Manager would likely write to me with a decision without the need to send it on to the Assessment Provider. She said if a Case Manager needed further medical advice, only then would it be sent onto the Assessment Provider. Is that right? That was a week ago.

Today, I received a letter from the DWP PIP main office to tell me my award is now being extended by a further 3 months to August 2021, saying they had begun to review awards again and may review awards later than intended. This is being done, according to the letter, so that I continue to be paid. I am a bit confused. My award was already extended to May next year, anyway. The letter does say if you have already been sent and have returned an award review form, you may be asked to take part in an assessment.

Is this an indication that they have a massive backlog dealing with reviews? Could it be this letter was sent because my original award was meant to end next week initially and this letter was sent out automatically to extend it, even though it was already extended?

Thank you for any thoughts.

Libra

More
3 years 4 months ago #252784 by BIS
Hi Libra

A lot of people are getting a second letter and yes it is to cover a backlog and ensure that people are suddenly not without money. Your review will still be being processed.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
3 years 4 months ago #252787 by libra1
Thank you BIS.

Was the phone advisor I spoke to on the PIP helpline last week right? Can a Case Manager make a decision without referring my form and evidence on to an Assessment Provider? That is, not need to send it on to IAS? How common is that?

The form was not like the tick box exercise I did when I was last reviewed. Instead of saying 'no change', I more or less implied it by entering in the small text box, 'because of my 'X' [health condition], I continue to have problems with 'X' [activity]...' I then referred them on to where further information answering the question could be found on additional typed sheets, numbered accordingly. I also sent current medical evidence which directly referred to my functional difficulties with the relevant daily living activities I have difficulties with (although not in as much detail) as well as outlining my health condition and treatment/medication.

I don't think the answers I gave this time to each activity were very much different to last time, although I gave more up to date examples of my difficulties. The only material difference is that I am now on ESA and in the Support Group. I am also on an additional medication and have more medical input. When my PIP was last reviewed and first awarded, I was working. I get enhanced rate for daily living, and nothing for mobility. I have a mental health condition.

Libra

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.