× Members

PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!

More
3 years 5 months ago #252801 by Gordon
Libra

Yes, a Case Manager can make a Decision before your file is sent to the Assessment Provider but this is rare and we have not seen any significant increase in the number of cases where this is done during the pandemic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253411 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!

Gordon wrote: Libra

Yes, a Case Manager can make a Decision before your file is sent to the Assessment Provider but this is rare and we have not seen any significant increase in the number of cases where this is done during the pandemic.

Gordon

Hello Gordon, Bis and Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my PIP has been reviewed without a telephone assessment and renewed at the same rate, enhanced daily living, for a further 4 years (with a review at the 3 year point). I got a couple of extra points for 'mixing with other people'. Previously, I had been given 2 points for needing prompting. I now get 4 points for needing support to engage with other people and so, it looks like the recent legal ruling has been applied in my case. It also appears from the date of the letter and the date of the commencement of my new award (both being on the same date) as well as details given about how the decision was made, that the review was conducted without the need to send my form and accompanying evidence on to an assessment provider. That is to say, it looks like it was reviewed by a DWP case manager and the decision to renew it was made by them, just as the DWP PIP enquiry line phone advisor told me may happen. Significantly, the DWP decision maker refers to not only relying on my completed PIP Review Form and accompanying relevant evidence but also refers to my ESA assessment report from earlier this year as informing their decision.

Can I take this opportunity to say thank you to all the moderators who have helped me with invaluable advice as well as express my gratitude for the excellent guides you provide. I certainly could not have tackled everything given the nature of my illness without your help. You helped me focus.

May I also thank Gordon, in particular. Over the years, you have been an amazing source of knowledge and support. Your steady advice has helped enormously. I could not have navigated the minefield of getting this award without you. I wish you well in future as I know that you will no longer be moderating after the end of this month, as per your newsletter. Good luck and thank you.

Best,

Libra :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
3 years 5 months ago #253422 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!
Hi Libra 1

So glad to hear your good news. Many congratulations. Glad you didn't have to go through the assessment.

And Gordon will be sorely missed. I too have benefited from his advice.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
3 years 5 months ago #253495 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic PIP REVIEW - AWARD RENEWED FOR 4 YEARS!
Thank you BIS. Your advice and help is very much appreciated, too.

Please pass my good wishes onto Gordon. Thank you.

Best,

Libra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.