× Members

Does nobody care when assessors make up lies?

More
3 years 10 months ago #248657 by Anne Lee
Does nobody care the assessors make up lies and assessments are based on a 10 minute meeting, when medical proof attached to the ESA application as further information says the opposite?

Whenever I've had an assessment, I can tell the assessor is not going to give me enough points by their attitude of things like eye rolling.
However I've always won against them with mandatory reconsideration and appeal.
Although in the last assessment which I won after mandatory reconsideration, she made up a story about how my friend parked in a car park and we walked 15 minutes to the assessment centre, but what really happened was my friend has a disability badge which allowed her to park right outside the centre.
I think they take advantage of sick and vulnerable people who are just grateful to win an appeal, as anybody with more mental strength could sue them for making up lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk, denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #248663 by Gordon
Anne Lee

Claimants can make a complaint to the Assessment Provider, contact their MP and/or the Social Security Advisory Committee.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 10 months ago #248678 by Anne Lee
Replied by Anne Lee on topic Does nobody care when assessors make up lies?
Aren't they just following orders though, so what use would complaining do?
Obviously the assessment company must want people to make things up, or why else would the assessors be doing it so often? The companies much be following orders from the government. or they wouldn't do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 10 months ago #248684 by Gordon

Anne Lee wrote: Aren't they just following orders though

This is an urban myth, I won't deny that there are problems with the assessment process but there are no "orders" explicit or otherwise, as to what assessors should be recommending.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 10 months ago #248696 by wing
Then why are the assessors ignoring all the evidence. There are far too many examples of how HPs have completely gone against the evidence staring them in the face and the Decision Makers have backed them up in awarding 0 points.

Only when the claimant goes to Appeal (as Mandatory Review just seems to be another stalling process) do the claimants get their decision overturned in the majority of cases.

It can’t all be coincidence or incompetence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Anne Lee

More
3 years 10 months ago #248704 by Gary
Hi Wing

Unfortunately I come across this all the time in my day job and at night when I look in on the forum, by the way, Gordon and BIS do a very good job in answering queries on the forum.

It is something I intend to raise when I next have a meeting with DWP. One of the downsides of these onerous reports is that Tribunal Judges do rely on them, therefore as a claimant you need to pick up on these errors which is why we always advise claimants to ask for a copy of the assessors report before applying for a mandatory reconsideration, so that you know what you are fighting against.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Jasmine357, wing

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.