× Members

Author royalties whilst on Benefits

More
3 years 9 months ago #249182 by Carly
Replied by Carly on topic Author royalties whilst on Benefits
Hi Gordon

Sorry for the delay, I haven’t been well enough to respond until now...

Could I ask a little more...

As I would much rather stay on esa if possible.

If I were to rent a 2 bed properly by myself, then claim SDP, to be able to get backdated and ongoing HB and then my Mum officially needed to move in, I know I’d have to stop the SDP, but would it then enable me to stay on legacy benefits ongoing and when she later moved out To her own home (although perhaps stayed over a few nights as a carer) could I then reclaim SDP - or would it trigger being transferred to UC somewhere in this process anyway? Perhaps when I informed the HB people I needed a 2 bed rate for 2 Full time occupants rather than 1 + carer.

Many thanks again. Just working out the options as eventually I’ll be living alone. And which benefit im on seems to affect publishing my book differently.

C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Author royalties whilst on Benefits
Carly

At the moment, you will only be required to claim UC if you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that now come under UC but if you are receiving the SD Premium then you are barred from claiming UC.

So, what you have suggested will work providing you do not need to make a new claim for HB when your mother moves in, I don't think that it will but we don't advise on HB on the forum so I can't state you won't for certain.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.