× Members

ESA review assessments

More
3 years 9 months ago #248980 by JK2019
ESA review assessments was created by JK2019
Are they doing these assessments (either over phone or face to face) at the moment?
I was due for ESA review just before they stop them due to pandemic and sent my review forms, just need to know what to expect and avoid stressful surprises.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #248984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review assessments
JK

They have just started doing telephone assessments and may restart face to face ones when social distancing is reduced to 1m.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JK2019

More
3 years 9 months ago #248988 by JK2019
Replied by JK2019 on topic ESA review assessments
Do they send appointment letters for telephone interviews? Can people still change the appointment?

More
3 years 9 months ago #248990 by Gordon
JK

Yes, they should send an appointment letter although some members in the early days for PIP were just phoned but I think that has stopped now.

The rules for moving an appointment may have been relaxed but the DWP has not made any specific statement on this so I think members need to stick to the original rules which are that you can cancel/move one appointment but must attend a second one or your file will be returned to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #248994 by yeovil2003
Replied by yeovil2003 on topic ESA review assessments
Just to let you know the esa ones they tend to be phoning you and making you an appointment if you cannot do the day they say they give you another day but then you have to take the second day. I think some people have been getting letters but I was told due to the backlog they needed to get assessments done quickly so just be aware they may phone you and they phone you three times and if no answer they refer it back. They phoned me and I didn't get to the phone on time and didn't recognise the number, then they phoned again and said you have three chances of answering the call before they refer back so just in case be prepared.

More
3 years 9 months ago #248998 by Gordon
Jules

These should be classed as short notice appointments and it should be possible to refuse them with no fault to the claimant, nor is there any obligation for claimants to answer the phone.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.