× Members

ESA review assessments

More
3 years 9 months ago #249006 by yeovil2003
Replied by yeovil2003 on topic ESA review assessments
I wasn't sure how I stood because they told me they had already tried contacting me and they said they will only ring three times and if you fail to respond it is referred back to DWP. it wasn't a withheld number otherwise I wouldn't have answered but it was a local number and I thought it was perhaps my pharmacy as they sometimes ring and I always forget to put their number in my phone. She took me completely by surprise and said they needed to get the assessments done quickly and she needed to book me in. She gave me a date and said if that is not convenient I can offer you one more date and if you refuse that then your file is returned to DWP. She did say when the assessor rang it would be on a private number so I needed to make sure my phone wasn't blocking private numbers. As I say it threw me as it was a local number that called me. The impression I got is they are trying to rush the appointments through. She did also inform me that I wasn't allowed to have anyone in the room with me or the assessment would be stopped which I found strange because on a face to face you can have someone with you. Also when I had the assessment the assessor told me I could still be called in for a face to face if the DWP decided so I may still have to do it all again when face to face returns as they were hoping to resume face to face very soon.

As I say it took me totally unaware as normally you get a letter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249120 by JK2019
Replied by JK2019 on topic ESA review assessments
I just read in the latest news section that “government has said that benefits reviews and reassessments remain suspended”
was wondering which is accurate and what to expect?

More
3 years 8 months ago #249136 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review assessments
JK

Reviews and reassessments where a form has already been issued will continue, no new assessment should be started but it is important to note that the Minister said that the suspension was continuing, they did not say how long for, so they could restart tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #249137 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic ESA review assessments
Hi to all,
Once again typical injustice at its finest. Just wished there were some barristers and such alike on here, who could challenge the DWP in court for all the injustices done to us claimants. Guess no one got the bottle to do it for us.

More
3 years 8 months ago #249139 by JK2019
Replied by JK2019 on topic ESA review assessments
I posted my questionnaire for review in March before lockdown and temporary stop of assessments.
and so I assumed I wasn’t contacted due to temporary hold on assessments.
Does it mean I should now expect the assessment ?

More
3 years 8 months ago #249143 by yeovil2003
Replied by yeovil2003 on topic ESA review assessments
They have been doing telephone assessments I had one the other week and was told they were looking to resume face to face. It came out the blue as I had a call saying they needed to get it done as they had a backlog so chances are you will probably get either telephone assessment or face to face once they are back doing them which the assessor told me they were hoping to resume after July 1st but whether the face to face start back then remains to be seen but best be prepared

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.