× Members

Autism Support

More
3 years 9 months ago #249324 by Henrietta Hastings
Replied by Henrietta Hastings on topic Autism Support
Hi Ruth, when you say the DWP are continuing to ask people with autism for telephone assessments, are you saying that here is something that says this shouldn’t be happening?
I’m trying to help an autistic person with a uc appeal and the hearing has been switched to by telephone, which he can not cope with at all. If there is any authority on what the DWP or tribunal should do in this situation I’d be very grateful. Thanks in advance H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249325 by Henrietta Hastings
Replied by Henrietta Hastings on topic Autism Support
Has anyone had any experience appealing a UC DWP decision to place an autistic person in the work related activity group. The person I’m helping should be in the work related support group, and is becoming extremely unwell as a result of the demands of the job centre. He also refuses/can’t engage with health professionals so he has no current treatment or assessment evidence. I’d really appreciate as much help/info as possible, it’s so obvious he can’t cope with the activity group demands, but how to persuade the tribunal with no current evidence...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine357

More
3 years 9 months ago #249330 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Autism Support
Hi hh
You say the person you're trying to support has no current treatment plan. Have you any old evidence? In this case, I wouldn't worry how old it is - especially if you have anything that shows difficulties with all types of communications.

I don't know what Ruth was specifically referring to, but we have had several members with adult children or relatives with Autism and yes it seems they are being forced to accept a phone assessment. I always advise people to contact their MP - some are helpful.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Jasmine357, Henrietta Hastings

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.