× Members

Advice on esa phone assessment

More
3 years 9 months ago #249347 by Bonnie24
Advice on esa phone assessment was created by Bonnie24
I have a esa phone assessment coming up. Is there any advice from mods or anyone else who has had one, i would so appreciate any guidance to prepare for this. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
B

ESA phone assessments have only just started and nobody has reported their experience to the forum but we have had a significant number of PIP ones, obviously, the questioning will be different but the process should be similar so have a look at our PIP Claim guide which has a section on phone assessments.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

From a practical standpoint, a comfortable chair, a glass of water, notepad and pencil in case you need it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
3 years 9 months ago #249357 by Bonnie24
Replied by Bonnie24 on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Thank you Gordon, i shall take a look.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249373 by Kmclean828@gmail.com
Replied by Kmclean828@gmail.com on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
My son with LD had tel assessment for esa today. Assessor asks same questions. Was quick and didn't ask detailed questions. He explained purpose of call was to see if my son was entitled to an enhanced rate of esa and would not be negative impacted. I dint know if I trust this. Also we were only given 4 days notice by telephone but agreed as I didn't want it hanging over us. My son only gave one word answers but I tried to clarify points. I dint know if assessor took this on board. I asked how long it would be until we heard. He said a couple of weeks but was not sure as the tel calls for esa were new and he didn't seem to know what was going on. Assessor didn't have headphones so call was echoey and at times unclear. Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
3 years 9 months ago #249378 by Bonnie24
Replied by Bonnie24 on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249400 by Kmclean828@gmail.com
Replied by Kmclean828@gmail.com on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Just to say that we received a letter from assessment centre to say that they need more information and a face to face interview. Feel the assessor was not honest a
S letter received less than 48 hours after assessment so it's been sent immediately following call. No date has been given for face to face assessment yet. Feel the assessor was in a rush and didn't take time to elicit adequate information. Interested to see how others have gone.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.