× Members

Advice on esa phone assessment

More
3 years 9 months ago #249404 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Hi Karen

You still have a right to have a copy of the report that was written following the telephone assessment. I am not trying to defend the assessor because I have no idea what they wrote, but if your son only gave one word answer it may be that they felt unable to give a fair representation.You can always try and ask if there is any more paper information you could submit and ask them to do a paper-based assessment. You could also make a complaint if you believe your son is being put through unnecessary additional stress by now having two assessments.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249409 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Hi Karen

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249425 by Kmclean828@gmail.com
Replied by Kmclean828@gmail.com on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Thank you for this information.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249433 by Kmclean828@gmail.com
Replied by Kmclean828@gmail.com on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
Hi BIS
I have emailed the customer service address and asked for a copy of the assessors notes. I have also asked them if there is more info I can submit and can they consider paper based assessment. I pointed out that a second assessment would cause my son a great deal of unnecessary stress.
Thank you for these suggestions, I didn't realise we had options and were prepared to just sit tight and wait on the dreaded letter.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249475 by Tish
Replied by Tish on topic Advice on esa phone assessment
My son ESA assessment by phone on Friday morning. Original questionnaire had to be back for the 1st January 2020.. Despite having stroke due to brain tumor. I questioned why a doctor was not assessing him. She was a physio and said. It's all changed now... No rapid fire questions. Nothing like his last assessment that was face to face with a doctor who moved him in the BTW group. ... She was only interested in his sight loss from stroke. ... At one point she said... I'm only ringing to see if he is recieving the correct amount of money..... Suggested getting a more up to date sight reg. No point hospitals are too busy. Call lasted 20 mins.... You carnt be moved and deamed fit for work without s face to face. I think they will give him the shortest award and get him in for a f to f as soon as they are able.... Wasted 45 pound on a dictaphone and forgot to turn it on. I was allowed to speek this time rather then being told to shut up by the doc at the f to f..... She seemed genuinely sympathetic to his young age. Time will tell.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.