× Members

Pip Review due and no review form received

• Gaddy
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 7 months ago #250896 by Gaddy
Hi All,
Just for information to others expecting a PIP review in the next 6 months or so and have not been advised of an extension or received a review form.
I phoned today- it was a long wait!- and asked when I could expect a review form to arrive as my award ends January 2021. The advisor seemed to think I should have been sent a review by now, kept me on hold while he checked with someone and then confirmed one would be sent in the next few days.
He said for some reason 'i had been overlooked and it was a good job I called' I doubt I would be the only one to be overlooked so maybe it would be best for anyone in a similar situation to bite the bullet and make the call too.
Whilst I am not expecting an easy ride at review I would rather bring it to their attention and start the process than rely on the DWP picking up on their mistake before the award runs out!
Good luck to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #250912 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic Pip Review due and no review form received
Mine also ends in jan 2021 and have been expecting a renewal form.
I phoned last week and was given the same response. They initially said wait a few more weeks to see if the forms came out and if not call back. I told the advisor that this would put me closer to end date and they then agreed to send out the forms. Nothing received as yet though
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, Gaddy

• Gaddy
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 7 months ago #251129 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Pip Review due and no review form received
Hi all,
Just a further update on this topic, I rang the DWP again today as my review form had not arrived and I wanted to be sure it had been sent.
It had but I requested a 2 week extension anyway which was granted. A further 2 week extension is also available apparently should it be needed but you need to ring and request it.
I also asked what happened if the review was not completed by the time the award expires.
I was told they are 'on top' of review timescales currently but they will automatically extend a PIP award in those circumstances. This applies once they have received the completed review form.
I have made a note of the person I spoke to, time and date, just in case I run into problems further into the process.
Best wishes to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, Nnif

More
3 years 7 months ago #251190 by Nnif
I’m in exactly the same boat. I’m having sleepless nights worrying about the fact the form still hasn’t turned up. I appreciate the information regarding the extension.

• Gaddy
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 7 months ago #251204 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Pip Review due and no review form received
Hi Jennifer,
My form arrived yesterday, it took 8 days. There was no problem getting the extension of 2 weeks with a further 2 weeks as an option should it be needed.
Having the worry about the form actually being sent never mind dealing with the whole process is something we could all do without. At least we have the advantage of being so well informed thanks to B&W..
I totally understand the sleepless nights, I hope your review form turns up really soon.
Good luck and all the best.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251209 by Jacquiki
Replied by Jacquiki on topic Pip Review due and no review form received
My form arrived the other day with return date of 3/10.
Posted back yesterday.
I had in readiness printed a specimen form and completed the questions so I could just copy it over.
The wait now begins
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gaddy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.