× Members

how far you can walk for pip

More
3 years 7 months ago #251109 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic how far you can walk for pip
Hi Ann,
I have recently had a telephone assessment and the report like yours states that" I didn't appear breathless" however I had previously mentioned along with medical evidence that I get breathless on exertion. I would like to hear how you get on with madatory reconsideration on this point if possible?

Good luck all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251117 by diceman24
Replied by diceman24 on topic how far you can walk for pip
yes ive got specalist consultant letter stating i have progressive md and use a walking stick and use a wheelchair for any longer than 20 metres

More
3 years 7 months ago #251166 by Micmur
Replied by Micmur on topic how far you can walk for pip
A client I completed a PIP AR form just recently had his Enh Mob rate removed (got Std Mob) and also had his Std DL removed (6 points) because the DA did not hear any sounds of breathlessness on the phone. At MR stage we submitted an ESA report which read "Client was noted to be breathless after walking 12 metres" This assessment was only 3 months prior to the PIP AR journey started so about 6 months before PIP assessment date. We also included a letter from a treating clinician indicating the difficulties with SOB, fine motor skills and fatigue!

Guess what? - After MR - no change - we have asked for the determination from the MR & await it in the post. Surely there's something wrong?

More
3 years 7 months ago #251227 by denby
Replied by denby on topic how far you can walk for pip
Something wrong? yes, the DWP's attitude to truthful claims, especially those supported by people who know what they're doing like you.
I wait , and wait, and dread, and hope...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.