× Members

DWP Phone Call Before Tribunal - PIP

More
3 years 6 months ago #251922 by ravenmiss
Replied by ravenmiss on topic DWP Phone Call Before Tribunal - PIP
Hah, well after I posted this I went out to pick up my wheelchair and the post arrived.

My hearing is in 2 weeks! I assume it's not been done "on the papers" as this is the only contact I've had. Let's hope my GP can get a letter to me in the next 7 days and my brain fog isn't too bad over the next couple of weeks as I'll need to prepare. :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Phone Call Before Tribunal - PIP
wockle

Remember, your GP must make it clear that they are referring to the Date of the Decision being appealed or you risk the letter being excluded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #251930 by ravenmiss
Absolutely! My friend said I should mention getting my wheelchair etc today and I had to explain that it's not about "now" it's about when the decision was made.

So it's the date of the original decision and not the date I claimed that matters? In any case, the issues have been ongoing for several years but I'll make a point to ask them to include/reference the date.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251941 by ravenmiss
Also, now a hearing has been booked is there no chance a judge will consider a decision on the papers or could it still happen?

More
3 years 6 months ago #251950 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Phone Call Before Tribunal - PIP

wockle wrote: Also, now a hearing has been booked is there no chance a judge will consider a decision on the papers or could it still happen?

If a hearing has been scheduled then there will not be a Paper based Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ravenmiss

More
3 years 6 months ago #251951 by ravenmiss
Thanks Gordon.

Could you clear up the date issue too? I know I have to ask my GP to reference the right date for the supporting evidence but which date is it?

Date of claim? Assessment? Date on the award notice letter? etc

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.