× Members

Telephone Assessment

More
3 years 7 months ago #251276 by jocks
Telephone Assessment was created by jocks
I got a letter today 19/09/2020 to inform me of a telephone assessment on the 22/09/2020.
The letter says should I need help I should let them know with in 2 working days. There is only one working day between now and the assessment. The letter is dated the 17/09/2020 so there was never any chance of 2 working days notice.

I don't want try and put it off I would rather get in done. Could someone point me in the right direction on the site to get help/information pn here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251288 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone Assessment
Hi Patrick

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We have only seen a handful, if that of telephone appeals so I can't really give you much feedback.

But here are some practical things to do.

Make sure you can take the call in a comfortable place but also somewhere when you can spread the papers out as you need without them going all over the place.

Have a glass of water or better a jug in easy reach.

Have a bullet point list of errors with the assessors report.

If you need to refer to the papers then use the handwritten number, usually in the top right corner.

Make sure you understand the criteria that your son is being assessed against, from your previous posts this is all about the distance that he walks so try and measure distances that he walks on a daily basis, for example; from where he sits to the toilet, if he goes into the garden, how far he might walk there and if he goes out elsewhere, how far that might be, Google maps allows you to work out walking distances.

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are 9 pages which include advice on telephone assessments, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

Good luck, remember you can ask for a copy of the assessors report 48 hrs after the event, contact the DWP not your assessor for a copy of the assessors report (PA4 v3) it will give you an indication, let us know how you got on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.