× Members

So scared don’t know if it should give up

More
3 years 6 months ago #252836 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Getting close and have been following everyone’s advice, I haven’t got a copy of what I sent but have been making lots of notes and bullet points.

With the unable to plan a journey, I plan to do something then spend the night before getting out of it, when i used to have a car, I would drive to a car park and just watch the sea, I live about 5 mins from the prom but haven’t been out in 3 months.

Everything else I can only be honest, like crying because when I try to butter toast my legs are so painful, my arm holding on to the side and try to butter toast one handed, I never thought I would be like this.

All I can say with 100% certainly is without your messages here I would have cancelled Tuesdays phone call already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252845 by BIS
Hi Graham

I hope that tomorrow's phone call goes as well as it can. It is an ordeal for everyone who has to go through it - so don't give yourself a hard time because you're scared. Have water, your notes, thoughts of your friend and take lots of big deep breaths. And cry or stop when you need to, and don't forget to say at the beginning just how difficult this is for you. And if you become overwhelmed - just say politely that you have to go. Wishing you the best.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham

More
3 years 6 months ago #252895 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Just come off the phone call and feel totally numb, I have never spoken to someone so cold in my life, I cried I was sick just before the call, she may as well have been a robot.

I doubt I will get anything but after that I don’t care, I don’t want to live like this, I can’t just do this to stop others being upset. I just want to die, will be less trouble for my sister and can be with Vincent again.

I wouldn’t appeal, I am not giving them the satisfaction of being so cruel for another hour to me, I am a human being, I don’t want to be like this, I hate myself, I hate my life and feel more worthless now than I have ever felt and I really did think that was impossible.

I will see what happens when I get the letter but at least my sister will get the money from the house when I’m gone.

Christmas cancelled cause of Covid they say on the radio, with or without Covid nothing is going to change for mr.

Sorry everyone, I failed.

More
3 years 6 months ago #252905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Graham

I've seen members report the best assessment they could hope for only to find that they had scored no points and we have had people tell us of the most awful experience that they could imagine only to receive the highest of awards.

The bottom line is that you should not give up yet, you never know...

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath, blackpoolgraham, Dan Statham

More
3 years 6 months ago #252910 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip has been reduced
Hi Amy, you're very welcome. Firstly I followed the form filling guidance religiously, even creating a tick chart for myself to ensure evidence was referenced to each descriptor.
With everything, all the basics ie keep copies, number and NI no and name mark every page of evidence, post anything using at least signed for, print off the tracking signature and add to file.
Then to be persistent on the phone persuading them not to do a phone assessment as daughter went into meltdown on getting the appointment text, so there wasn't time to write. Took 3 calls altogether as first was a jobsworth.
Then getting a doctor's letter to back up need for paper based and submitting that.
Then to call for the assessment report as soon as they texted to say they had done the paper based assessment.
Then to go through it not criticising minor things but solidly debunking lie by lie where her opinion did not match the evidence sent with the form. And post this letter ASAP.
First two awards took MR and Appeal -torture even with help but successful. This time, a miracle, award of enhanced on both for 3 years without needing MR and appeal. Hope that answers your question. Ongoing best wishes, keep us posted as to how you get on, Denby

More
3 years 6 months ago #252911 by denby
Dear Graham, I am sorry of course to hear you were treated horribly. But however bad you feel because of this treatment you really aren't the failure. The politicians and the woman who made the call to you are the failures because they have not shown love or common humanity. You show enormous amounts of both, the way you talk about your dear sister as well as a lost loved one, Vincent. I mention Vincent's name because he was obviously precious to you and so he is worth my giving him the respect of using his name. So you are very much not worthless: as you yourself say you are a human being. The very concern you have shown for your sister proves you are a decent human being. Please stay in touch with the forum, I know I speak for many readers when I say, on here we all support you. With my thoughts and indeed prayers tonight, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath, blackpoolgraham, BIS, Dan Statham, Nicol

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris