× Members

So scared don’t know if it should give up

More
3 years 5 months ago #253626 by denby
Dear Graham, just to let you know I'm another of many who have not forgotten about you. And I back everything Dan has said above -yes your call but you really do have a good case. His idea of using some money to buy help with an appeal makes good sense to me. Very best wishes Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham, Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253640 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Thank you so much everyone.

I keep reading the points thing and I keep thinking if I write the honest truth I believe I should be able to get the extra points. I can write ok, I have a friend who works in Brighton as a career and said he would go over what I write.

Preparing Food, Washing and Bathing, Managing Toilet Needs and Dressing and Undressing all got 2 points each.

Over two hours to have a shower, having to sit on the floor of the shower because I can’t stand long enough, then after sitting on an ottoman and dry over a period of time. On the report it says every two days, are they joking I wish, couple of times a month and I am disgusted with myself.

Preparing Food, they can check my coop orders from June to now, they will see what I live on, I have ordered more shakes as it’s just easier, standing to butter bread of toast I am leaning on one arm for balance, leg giving way.

Toilet needs, I know this was the most embarrassing. the times I don’t make it upstairs is awful,

Getting dressed is hard, most days don’t bother with socks and so many days I either just sleep on the chair cause I can’t face going upstairs, or go to bed time I get upstairs go to bed with my clothes on.

If I wrote all the and just got 1 more point from each I would have 12.

Mobility, going to the kitchen and having to hold on to stairs, radiator, kitchen surfaces to get a few metres, not 20 certainly not 50. I said when I have to go to the doctors, I lay awake thinking shall I cancel, I often do to stop the panic. I go out of the door, I always drink before going out, when I went to have my MRI last week I went to get in cab couldn’t, he could see I was upset so I came back inside tried to calm down get my breath had a couple of drinks and then went again. It’s even worse now cause I panic and sweat now with Covid I worry they think with me sweating.

I am happy to write that all in detail, and get my friend to check it and send it as the mandatory consideration. Do you think I should give it a try, I don’t think I want to read the report as I think I am more likely to get upset and not bother at all.

I am going to use some of the money to get my house cleaned a bit, just need to get someone to recommend so I can hide away while they are here.

If I do send this in do I just send it in a letter with my National Insurance Number? Typing this and already the panic of posting the letter and not even done it. I normally pay for a courier to come to collect to save me going out but not sure if I could do it with this, although could courier to friend and then they could post.

Sorry, for going on just think if I do this get it in the post, then I won’t have that going round and round in my head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dan Statham, Nicol

More
3 years 5 months ago #253651 by BIS
Hi Graham

I understand why you don't want to read the report and I think that's a wise decision not to cause yourself even more distress. All the points you have made are valid - just don't forget to put in why you can't do things. So if you're saying something is too painful - explain why eg because of severe arthritis (or whatever). Make sure you're clear about where the pain is and the sensations you experience. It doesn't have to be too detailed but detailed enough. It won't be a medical person reading it - so don't let them assume anything. Press home the toilet issue particularly if this happens say on average 4 days out of seven. That would be for the majority of the time.

You can do this, and I don't think you have anything to lose. Write it, give it to your friend to check and then send it off and then try to forget about it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham, Dan Statham

More
3 years 5 months ago #253794 by blackpoolgraham
I have received a letter with a simple form just to check I have not got a carer, says I am entitled to Severe Disability Premium, can anyone help with what this means?

Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #253797 by Gary
Hi Graham

There are two sets of requirements for the Severe Disability Premium.

First, to be eligible for the Premium, you need to be receiving a qualifying benefit such as the PIP Daily award that you have just received (there are others) you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award or as a couple you can qualify if both you and your partner get a qualifying benefit (PIP daily living).

Secondly, to be entitled to payment of the Premium you need to be receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR), Income Support or Pension Credit but not Universal Credit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham

More
3 years 4 months ago #254054 by blackpoolgraham
I have returned the Mandatory Reconsideration and The severe disability form the ESA people contacted me about so now just wait.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.