× Members

So scared don’t know if it should give up

More
3 years 3 months ago #254619 by Gary
Hi Graham

You will have to be patient and wait for the decision letter to arrive to know exactly what you have been awarded, only then can you make a decision to appeal or not depending on the outcome.

You state that monies have been paid into your bank account, I would wait a week, if no decision has arrived by then, contact DWP and explain that monies have gone into your bank but you do not know what the amount is for as you have not received any letter from DWP.

Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham, Gaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #254627 by blackpoolgraham
Replied by blackpoolgraham on topic So scared don’t know if it should give up
Thank you.

Am I right that back pay for a Mandatory Reconsideration is from the date the original decision was made and not the day I applied?

More
3 years 3 months ago #254656 by Gary
Hi Graham

Your backdate payment should be from the date on your claims form unless you were late in sending back your form, in which case it will be from the date DWP receive your application form.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham

More
3 years 3 months ago #254721 by blackpoolgraham
I received the enhanced living but not the mobility.

My social worker says she will support an appeal as they didn’t have her report as it’s not been written yet, I also didn’t have the hand rails, banister, raised loo etc which I have now.

My question really is do you think I am capable of going through an appeal? At the moment I am thinking it might be easier to just leave it as the stress just thinking about it is terrible no idea what I would be like on the day, I think I have answered my own question, just wanted to let you know the result.

Once again thank you all so very much.

More
3 years 3 months ago #254752 by Gary
Hi Graham

Many congratulations on the award and well done, even though you have not got anything for mobility. The daily living component is the main award depending whether or not you are in receipt of any legacy benefits as you can get additional premiums depending on your circumstances.

Only you can decide whether or not to appeal, we do have a very good guide on Appeals which is half way down the following link, you do have one month from the decision date on the letter to decide whether or not to appeal. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @MR @ PIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackpoolgraham

More
3 years 3 months ago #254912 by blackpoolgraham
I have finally got the letter.

I still have only 8 points for mobility, they say I can walk 20 meters unaided, the Mandatory Reconsideration was before I was giving the equipment for the stairs, bath, kitchen etc and tri-walker would that make a difference? They also said I never mentioned getting breathless at my original phone call, I get breathless all the time but I can’t be 100% certain that I did say it on the call but, know she could hear the panic.

Is it worth doing the appeal that I don’t have to attend? I have read it is not as good as attending but I just don’t know if I would be mentally able to.

Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.