× Members

PIP reapplying after tribunal

More
3 years 4 months ago #253018 by Eggcustard
PIP reapplying after tribunal was created by Eggcustard
Hi,

I won at tribunal last year and my award finished in Feb. I’ve just been sent a letter to reapply. Does anyone know why people have to reapply after tribunal instead of it being reviewed? Nothing has changed but I thought all awards had been extended because of covid.
Starting all over again seems such a waste of time when they already have all the information!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253029 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reapplying after tribunal
Eggcustard

I've answered on your other post.

The DWP has chosen to renew short awards especially if they have been made by a Tribunal, their view is that these awards cannot be superseded and a new award has to be made instead.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eggcustard

More
3 years 4 months ago #253269 by Eggcustard
Replied by Eggcustard on topic PIP reapplying after tribunal
Yes, I just saw that, thanks for the reply.
If I do get another award does it start from the date I made the call to apply again (Start Of Nov) or from the assessment date? If the date is before the end of my current award (2nd Feb) and I get a lower award does that mean I would have to pay them some money back?

Thanks

More
3 years 4 months ago #253303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reapplying after tribunal
Eggcustard

It will be the date of the new Decision or 2 February, whichever is the earlier.

If your award is reduced then there will not normally be any requirement for you to pay any money back.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eggcustard

More
3 years 4 months ago #253305 by Eggcustard
Thanks, one more quick question.

My award is due to end 2nd Feb. I asked to reapply a few weeks ago. Can I now “cancel” this application and let the award run until it finished and then reapply at the end of January??

That way I get the full award until Feb, I realise there will be a gap in my award but I would rather have that then have the last 3 months paid at a far lower rate if I don’t go to tribunal this time.

Thanks again for your help

More
3 years 4 months ago #253320 by Eggcustard
Sorry if I’m being a bit rubbish, my brain won’t function properly!
So if I’m assessed before Feb 2nd the new award starts at the assessment date but if I’m assessed after Feb 2nd it will start from Feb 2nd? Have I understood that right?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.