× Members

ESA stopped

More
3 years 5 months ago #253258 by Sarahjohn
ESA stopped was created by Sarahjohn
Hello
My partner moved in last month so I moved to UC from ESA
But today I got a letter that my ESA income based was stopped on 9 March 2020 but I was still getting contribution based ESA I don’t know why ESA didn’t tell me in March that they stopped my income based esa can I get UC back dated to March 9 2020 because they just sent me a letter to say my esa income based stopped in March

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253307 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA stopped
Sarah

When did your partner move in, March?

When did you claim UC?

I'm afraid the maximum period that a UC claim can be backdated is one month.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253347 by Sarahjohn
Replied by Sarahjohn on topic ESA stopped
Hello

My partner moved in October I claimed UC from the date he moved in October I didn’t even know my ESA stopped because I’m getting contribution based ESA too

More
3 years 5 months ago #253353 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA stopped
Hi Sarah

Anyone who claims UC and are in receipt of legacy benefits (WTC, CTC, HB, IR ESA, IR JSA and IS) will loose their legacy benefits and you will not be able to reclaim any legacy benefits.

When your partner moved in, in October you would have what is called a change of circumstances, depending on your partners condition, ie. do they receive any qualifying benefits in their own name, if not, then when you applied for UC any legacy benefits would cease.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/legacybenefits

CB ESA/JSA are not classed as legacy benefits, they are based on your NI contributions and they will continue to be paid, if you are placed in the support group you will continue to be paid until you are re-assessed found either fit for work or placed in the WRAG.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253367 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA stopped

Sarah wrote: Hello

My partner moved in October I claimed UC from the date he moved in October I didn’t even know my ESA stopped because I’m getting contribution based ESA too

So the stopping of your ESA(IR) in March is not connected to your partner moving in, was there any other Change that might have removed your entitlement? Have the DWP explained there Decision?

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rh

More
3 years 5 months ago #253382 by Sarahjohn
Replied by Sarahjohn on topic ESA stopped
My daughter came back from university I told ESA
They never told me why it was stopped

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.