× Members

Pip unsuccessful - next steps?

More
3 years 4 months ago #254047 by KPPurple
Replied by KPPurple on topic Pip unsuccessful - next steps?

Gary wrote: Hi KPPurple

It's not the decision letter you want but the assessors report, that is the key document to chase so you can put in a MR, but as stated previously, if it is late coming then you will have to do an out of time MR (13 months) and quote the late arrival of both decision letter and assessors report for putting in a late MR, I have done numerous out of time MR, usually once you put in a MR you are sent the same decision letter as the original claim, in which case you can then put in an appeal.

Gary

Hi Gary
Can I request the assessment report before I’ve received the decision letter? Don’t know what the process is here in NI.
What’s an out of time MR?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254049 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip unsuccessful - next steps?
Hi KPPurple

I am not sure about NI, I know that some processes are different, you should still contact them and ask, it should be called assessors report (PA4 report) which should be up loaded within 48 hrs.
An out of time MR is a mandatory reconsideration that is applied for that is over one month from the initial decision date but less than 13 months after which you will be out of time.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254130 by KPPurple
Replied by KPPurple on topic Pip unsuccessful - next steps?
I got my award letter through - I got 6 points for daily living and enhanced mobility. The award is for 3 years.
Would it be worth asking for an MR initially?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

More
3 years 4 months ago #254133 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip unsuccessful - next steps?
Hi KPPurple

I cannot advise you as to whether or not to apply for a MR but as stated previously you need a copy of the assessors report before you decide. If you do apply for a MR you need to inform DWP that it is only the daily living component that you are unhappy with and would like them to look at again.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for a better understanding of the criteria you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.