× Members

Pip telephone assessment

More
3 years 4 months ago #254145 by suexx
Pip telephone assessment was created by suexx
Ive just joined the group this week, so would just like to say hello to everyone. Had my pip review assessment this week, the assessor seemed very nice, although I am in no doubt that the report may say different things than I said to her.
One thing did surprise me. I only go out once a month maybe, for short time, for medical or essential journeys. She knew I didnt use wheelchair etc, but I do have lots of mobility problems, and pain from the first step I take, and she asked if I walk into my doctors surgery. I know its a mobility question, and I could understand if she was asking if I walk round supermarkets, but do they really mark you down for walking into the doctors room?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254149 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

With regards to your question, I would hope that they don't question your mobility because you walked into the doctors - but I would not like to deceive you and say that they won't. Unfortunately, there is an inconsistent approach to mobility.

I would try not to worry about it, and if you want to, you can ring up and ask for your assessor's report. Don't let them tell you, that you have to wait until the decision comes out because that is not true for PIP although some call handlers say it is.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254150 by suexx
Replied by suexx on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi BIS,
Thank you very much for your kind welcome, the answer to my question, and for the link. I will certainly have a look round the site.
I thought the question she asked was unusual myself. She did ask if I walk into doctors, and the hospital, but I havent had any hospital appointments for the past few years.
Yes I will ring up on monday for the report.
Can I just ask, where are these dots on the report that give you an idea of how many points you have scored for each descriptor?
Sue

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #254154 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi Sue

When you receive the report, you will see down the side of each question what points the assessor is recommending you be awarded.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by BIS.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254330 by suexx
Hi BIS,
Ive now got my report. Do you mean the dots on the Activity Descriptors, saying whether they recommend you need an aid or assistance?
Kind regards

More
3 years 4 months ago #254331 by suexx
Hi BIS,
Forgot to say I received standard rate for both. Did I see a post saying you could write to the Decision maker with corrected information, before they make a decision on my case, and then still have a Mandatory Reconsideration?
Kind regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.