× Members

Pip telephone assessment

More
3 years 4 months ago #254334 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi Sue

Your report should highlight which of the criteria they are recommending for each question so you can add up the potential points.

You can write to the decision-maker before the decision comes out but you have a very small window to do so. Don't bother with any issue that will not score you any extra points. It's the points that get you the award. You can still put in for a mandatory reconsideration.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254340 by suexx
Replied by suexx on topic Pip telephone assessment
Thanks BIS,
Adding up the points gives me 11 for daily living and 8 for mobility. Which address would I write to please?
kind regards

More
3 years 4 months ago #254341 by BIS
Hi Sue

You write to the regional office dealing with your claim. You will find the address on the letter that came with your form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254347 by suexx
Hiya BIS,
Thank you. If i write this letter, do I put similar things as I would put on a Mandatory Reconsideration? I dont have any recent medical info to add, not seen anyone for few years, as the doctors and surgeons say there is no prospect of an operation, as I have many other widespread pains and problems, that will just deteriorate as I age, so I feel like they have given up on me now. I just need to correct a few things, as she has said I can walk much further than I can. I told her I walked 8 steps, she has put 50 metres! How can I prove I cant walk that far?

More
3 years 4 months ago #254351 by BIS
Hi Sue

This isn't about adding any extra information - you just want to try and correct things that the assessor may have misinterpreted. Correcting the distance is obviously a key thing. Just be aware though - if you told them you live in a house - and you don't operate a wheelchair or you don't have someone giving you an arm to get around - the assessor is likely to assume that you can walk more than eight steps if you can walk even with sticks. Just make sure that you are clear in what you are saying.

BIS

More
3 years 4 months ago #254441 by suexx
Thank you. Ive sent my letter to correct a few misunderstandings on the report, so will see what happens. With the walking of 8 steps, that was just on one occasion to my doctors surgery, Ive explained that I cant walk any distance at all, at home or outside, without constant widespread pain from the first step. As it says in the handbook if you are walking any distance in pain, then you discount it. Is that correct?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.