× Members

ESA to Universal Credit

More
3 years 1 month ago #256795 by Mikey
ESA to Universal Credit was created by Mikey
I am currently in receipt of ESA (Support Component) and Housing Benefit. I am considering applying for Universal Credit. How would l do this?

Would l be directly trasferred to UC Limited Capability for Work or would l be reassed? Also, would a switch to UC affect my Housing. Benefit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256838 by Mikey
Replied by Mikey on topic ESA to Universal Credit
Could somebody please answer my question. I'm paying for this!

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256849 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic ESA to Universal Credit
Hello Mikey,

I apologise for the delay you have experienced in receiving a reply to your question.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot transfer onto UC if you are in receipt of ESA.

Catherine.

P.s. as it says on the forum opening screen, the forum is run as a courtesy for members to share experiences and it is run by volunteers. We don’t, and can’t guarantee an answer to every query, although we do our best. The part of the site which you paid for is the ‘Members Guides’

Members Guides

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Catherine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikey

More
3 years 1 month ago #256853 by Logan2
Replied by Logan2 on topic ESA to Universal Credit
Hi Mikey, its because of people like Catherine and the other mods on here we get the help we need and the information we seek, so a little Respect goes a long way. Logan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
3 years 1 month ago #257011 by Mikey
Gordon - a previous moderator stated that transferring from ESA to UC was possible. But didn't indicate how to do this. He provided the info on a topic l initiated on this forum relating to a house move/change of address. But you're saying it can't be done?

More
3 years 1 month ago #257012 by Mikey
Logan2, Yes, respect does go a long way. Therefore, have a little and mind your own business - and keep out of mine. Thank you.

I realise the moderators are volunteers and respect that fact. However, the reply to my query wasn't as swift as l have come to expect on here.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.