× Members

pip telephone

More
3 years 1 month ago #256800 by mercy
pip telephone was created by mercy
hi guy i just want to know what should i expect from the telephone assessment how best to prepare.
should I attend with some or alone it is getting me anxious
help thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256810 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic pip telephone
Hi Toks

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is.

Welcome to Benefits and Work .

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are 9 pages which include advice on telephone assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants

Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name and don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Remember, it is not your conditions that are being assessed but the limitations that result from them, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for the criteria that the panel will be questioning you about.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mercy

More
3 years 1 month ago #256813 by denby
Replied by denby on topic pip telephone
Hi Toks, myself I would always have someone with me. It will help your confidence to stand up to the assessor should you be unlucky and cop an aggressive one or one who tries to hurry you along etc. Also I would get them to take a recording for you, this is perfectly legit for assessments [NOT tribunals btw], just do not tell the assessor as [fancy that!] they don't like it. Have a practice beforehand with the method of recording etc, and have notes all to hand so you make sure you get across all your info, whether they ask you straight q's or not. Lots about this in the guide. Best, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: mercy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.