× Members

Pip appeal success

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257887 by Peacock1
Pip appeal success was created by Peacock1
Thank you for your guides. My daughter just one her Pip appeal going from 2 points to enhanced on daily living and 0 to standard on mobility for 5 years. This was a paper appeal so we are delighted. My question is, should she ask for a statement of reasons for future reference and out of interest?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VikingMermaid, VIA, AmandaL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257890 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip appeal success
Hi Rosebud

It's not essential to ask for the statement of reasons, but it might help in the future to understand how the panel came to their decision and that could help form the next claim in five years. Even if your daughter doesn't read it, it can be put away for future reference.

Congratulations to you both on winning the appeal.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Peacock1

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257899 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Pip appeal success
Hi Rosebud

I too congratulate your daughter and you on winning the appeal! I too won a PIP appeal, this was a couple of years ago now. Regarding asking for a statement of reasons i too did think about that at the time. In my case it was because I would have loved to read what the Tribunal said about the DWP's case given that of course the Tribunal rejected it! What put me off though is that I read at the time that there can be a risk that the DWP finds something in the statement of reasons which they think may give them grounds for appeal against the Tribunal win! When the claimant or the DWP asks for a statement of reasons the other party is also sent a copy of it. In general I think the risk is low - and I think it would have been very low in my case - but the risk is there and its important to be aware of it. It's entirely a matter for your daughter and yourself whether you do ask for a statement of reasons of course. In my case I decided not to because after all I HAD won my appeal and I was more than happy with the award. Additionally I received the Tribunal decision notice (at the face to face Tribunal hearing itself) and that notice set out the points awarded and for which descriptors etc. In my case then I considered I had all the information I really needed to know so nothing would really have been gained if I'd asked for a statement of reasons. I hope that your daughter's tribunal decision notice gives this sort of detail but of course as I've previously said its entirely up to your daughter and you whether you still want the statement of reasons bearing in mind there may be a risk, however slight, that the DWP might find something they think gives them grounds for appeal!

Kind regards

Mr B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tenja, denby, VikingMermaid, VIA, AliBee, Peacock1

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257903 by Tragobon
Replied by Tragobon on topic Pip appeal success
Well done for winning your appeal! Some good news :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Peacock1

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257906 by Peacock1
Replied by Peacock1 on topic Pip appeal success
Hi Mr B

Thank you for responding, You have certainly given us something to think about.

Rosebud
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B, VIA

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #257907 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip appeal success
Hi Rosebud,
Firstly well done on your appeal success. Great news!
I would have to endorse the comments of Mr B. Sometimes it is good 'not to poke the beast'! DWP won't need much encouragement.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr B, VIA, Peacock1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.