× Members

Statement of Reasons?

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #260877 by suicidalgoldfish
Statement of Reasons? was created by suicidalgoldfish
Nearly two years since I was “invited “ to move from DLA (mrc hrm) to PIP I’ve had
my Tribunal decision.

Enhanced for both.

I feel numb. And exhausted of course
I’ve used your guides every step of the way.

On the decision letter it listed how many points I had for what but not why.
I thought a Statement of Reasons would be included.

One of the Tribunal panel a Dr (redacted) was particularly ?thorough ?detailed - sneaky and obnoxious and the letter states
“In reaching it’s decision the Tribunal placed particular reliance upon the evidence as a whole by a majority decision”
By which I think he disagreed.
When I need to fill in the next one it would help to know what was said I don’t want it to appeal.
I know I contact the clerk to request a copy but would this mean the Judge having to write it out?

I don’t know if you can find out in advance who is going to be on the panel but if you get the above Dr be VERY careful. I was lucky that I was having a good day and wasn’t literally being sick as I was at the first hearing - which had to be adjourned

Sorry didn’t mean to cary on so long
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Catherine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260882 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi Suicidalgoldfish

Congratulations on winning your PIP appeal. That's great to hear.

They do not send a Statement of Reasons with the decision. This is something that you will have to ring and ask for. The statement of reason will have been produced at the time of the Tribunal.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
2 years 9 months ago #260890 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Statement of Reasons?
suicidalgoldfish

Please think carefully before requesting a SOR, a copy will also be sent to the DWP opening the opportunity for them to appeal your Decision to the UTT, they cannot do this without theSOR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 9 months ago #260891 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi suicidalgoldfish,
I echo what Gordon has said. Dont rock the boat here. You have enhanced x 2, which is a fantastic achievement.
If you want the SOR, you actually have to write in , but I'm not sure it will actually show the dissent. It may only reveal what the tribunal decided.
So what if the Doctor, or of course could be another, dissented. He was clearly outvoted, and clearly also wrong! So, on that basis it doesn't really matter what he said.
My advice is to enjoy your brilliant award, and not worry about anything PIP for the time being.
Well done!
LL26

More
2 years 9 months ago #260900 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi suicidalgoldfish, I would echo what Gordon [he of massive knowledge n experience] says. I wrote asking for an SOR after daughters Tribunal win and got this warning letter so decided indeed to let sleeping dogs lie. DWP's behaviour after 'losing' can appear distinctly vindictive and I just did not want to risk it after winning. Unfortunately this is an instance where info, that might seem your right to have, is not available without unfair strings attached. Best wishes, Denby

More
2 years 9 months ago #260905 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Statement of Reasons?
Oh no, I thought you could just ring & ask out of curiosity. There was a few things that the tribunal said to me about mobility, but I didn't ask as I was so in shock with them just telling me that they'd give me the EDL. I'll try & see if I can cancel, what a fool I am! Thanks all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.