× Members

Statement of Reasons?

More
2 years 9 months ago #261092 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi Dixip,
Although hearings are public, given that someone might be discussing incontinence or other embarrassing problem, it is likely that the judge would exclude the public.
Normally if someone wants to spectate they would be asked by the judge why and the claimant and or his rep would be asked for consent. Whilst consent isn't actually required, unless there was a genuine reason for a spectator being there thd judge would probably refuse.
Students/new advisers are usually allowed. Press may not be. Anyone else is at judge's discretion.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mollie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #261095 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Statement of Reasons?
When I went to accompany our daughter to Tribunal last time my husband, her dad, came too. Judge was huffy about it but did allow him to sit at the back as daughter wanted all the moral support possible. I wanted to avoid the post-hearing stress on me and daughter of having to try to retell it all. We won anyway despite some very odd questions and comments from, of all people the 'disability 'rep...
Hope this may help, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.